*Released* ReefAngel 2.1 Client! - Going International

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by crank2211, Feb 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lukeluke

lukeluke Plankton

2. Click Here!

3. lukeluke

lukeluke Plankton

Hi Dave,

have you see for enable the WifiAuthentication?

if you want i can help you for translate in Italian Language.

And for add to the RAClient the support for the http proxy...

Do you think is possible, add a control for ATO time or overheat ?

Thanks

Bye

4. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

I am really impressed with your system from what I am reading. The fact that you made this program capable of running on Wifi and other computers makes this very accessible. On top that its nice to be able to monitor the system if you are out of the way.

Cant wait to get my fish tank up and running!

5. Mawnkey

Mawnkey Ritteri Anemone

I am thinking about getting the reef Angel. I will learn as I go but i need to know a couple of things before i commit.
    First question. Is the reef angel web capable out of the box?
    Second question. How many dimmable led drivers is the reef angel able to control out of the box?
    Third question. I know it comes with a thermometer, two water sensors, and a ph meter. How do these devices attatch to the reef angel? And how many of these ports does the reef angel have out of the box? I ask this because I want to get a couple extra thermomiters, moon leds, and a a couple of extra water sensors for the top of my tank and sump to alert me if the water is close to overflowing and for It to shut off my main pump. If i purchased these extra items would i need an expansion for thek to connect to of some sort? Thank you

6. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

Sort of. With the help of an application and a computer with internet access plugged in at all times you can make it web capable. You can use the Client Suite or the soon to be released Java web server to intercept web calls and forward them to the controller and then have the same applications forward the controller responses to your web browser or mobile phone application. It's easier and less clutter to spring for the wifi adapter, but if you don't mind the extra equipment and extra setup you can do it without the wifi adapter.
    Out of the box, there's 2 PWM channels on the headunit you can use to control your LED's or other PWM equipment. You can talk to Roberto for a PWM extension that I believe allows you an additional 6 channels. Speak to him for more details.
    It all attaches to the head unit. You can have up to 3 temp sensors plugged in out of the box. For extra stuff, talk to Roberto. I know he's put together custom packages for more equipment for other users.

7. Mawnkey

Mawnkey Ritteri Anemone

How do I get ahold of roberto?

8. Click Here!

9. Mawnkey

Mawnkey Ritteri Anemone

So without the WiFi attachment I would only be able to use the android application when it is attatched to a computer. Okay gotcha

10. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

Email is your best bet: [email protected]

You got it :thumb_up:

Check out the RA forums. Tons of good info there. If you haven't seen this pdf yet, I would definitely recommend going through it at least once.
    Reef Angel Controller • View topic - RA "Where to start?" guide