*Released* ReefAngel 2.1 Client! - Going International

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by crank2211, Feb 4, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

Sorry, I haven't checked back here in a little while, things have been a little crazy on my end. I just finished up testing and releasing a new version, 2.1 available to download on github.

There's some pretty cool features added in this one and some bug fixes, but the biggest by far is support for the Relay Expansion Modules. The suite will now let you independently control up to 72 outlets, custom profiles for all 9 boxes and up to 9 of those profiles active at a time (1 per box)

Expansion Box Demonstration :)
    Best viewed on youtube, expanded and 720P

Here's a changelog for version 2.1:
    - Removed label next to email recipient as it implied gmail addresses are the only supported. This is not the case.
    - Added validation for gmail addresses before enabling SMS/Email notifications.
    - USB setup no longer requires PC Logging enabled in RAGen. Client Suite will always pull data instead of controller pushing.
    - Added Relay Expansion support.
    - Fixed bug in Service Dash that would stop users from switching to USB after choosing WiFi
    - Only allow 1 instance of Client to run at a time
    - Available COM Ports in Dashboard are now read from computer and listed rather than a user entered textbox.
    - Fixed bug that would keep icon in system tray after fully exiting the Client
    - Various service related checks now take place during install/uninstall
    - Created a new utility to facilitate upgrading Client Suite in the future (Upgrade Assistant)
    - Removed Database and Configuration file logic from installer
    - Aggregate values are now displayed at start-up as expected, if they are enabled in the settings screen.
    - Fixed bug that would send cold notifications on the third sensor without hitting defined threshold
    - Updated the image on Settings screen to display version 2 of the Relay Box.
    - Fixed bug that would always display 3D settings when switching to Chart view from Grid View
    - Whole number temperatures are now formatted correctly on the Client with one fixed figure after the decimal. i.e 136.0
    - Whole number temperatures and pH values are now correctly sent to ReefAngel.com taking into account the fixed digit after the decimal.
    - Added custom SMS Carrier feature which lets users add their own carriers that are not included in the default list.
    - Added customizable temperature labels.
    - Wifi communication standard changed for talking to the adapter. The new method now allows viewing the internal web server at the same time the Client Suite it running (Previously wasn't possible)
    [​IMG]

I have another upgrade thread going on the RA forums. A fresh install is quite easy, all you have to do is run the MSI and you're good to go. Upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1 requires a little work, but still very easy. Have a read of the post to make sure you know what's going on.

Reef Angel Controller • View topic - Client Suite 2.1

Also petruzzelli,
    Celcius needs to be set on the controller first, and then the software will pick up on it. I'm not exactly sure which European standards you need exactly. Just lastnight, I made some changes for French localization. It's all bundled up into the same installer, so the application will auto-detect the region and culture settings of your computer and adjust accordingly. Well at least for France, right now. I'll slowly be adding in more languages/region settings as time allows. I was going to start with French, German, Spanish and maybe Japanese? I'm not sure exactly, though I'll take requests for any. This is my first go around with globalization/localization so it's a learning curve.

I don't have the latest installer posted yet with French support. I will be able to do that later tonight when I get off work, so hold tight for just a little while until I can get off work and post it. Or, if French isn't the language you were looking for, just let me know which you would like to see..

[​IMG]

-Dave

2. Click Here!

3. petruzzelli

petruzzelli Plankton

hi dave... tnx for all...
    Today I received RA.
    I did everything you say, i install the beta 2.1 (it is ok)
    downloading the latest C++ libraries from Curt
    downloading the RAMenus sketch file
    i copy the libraries
    put inside the RAMenus.pde (it is ok)
    but when it is finish oh uploadind I have a problem the relay 5 start with on/off so fast, may depend on what?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  4. crank2211

petruzzelli,

I haven't uploaded my latest version yet, I was about to now. I assume if you can start the Client, then your not in a region where my last version caused problems.

i.e. If pi looks like this: 3,14 instead of this 3.14 then you will not be able to run the Client Suite correctly and will have to do a full uninstall and then install the version I will upload in a few minutes...

Also, RAMenus.pde is an old sketch file that acted as a generic template for people to start working with. It's not really used anymore and I would recommend trying an application called: RAGen.exe and use the latest 0.8.5.14 development libraries:

You can get all of this using a new installer that was created by Curt. It will give you the latest set of development libraries and also the RAGen.exe application.

https://github.com/downloads/curtbinder/RAGen/RAGen-v104-v08514 Installer.exe

Run that installer and have a look at this: Upgrade to Development Libraries - Reef Angel Controller It explains everything you need to do once you finish the installation. You can ignore the first section or two since the installer will do that part for you (library setup and RAGen)

If you run into any problems, your best bet is to start a new thread here: Reef Angel Controller • Index page You'll get help from the creator of the libraries and application

5. crank2211

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Congrats on the new client looks great

7. chappy85

chappy85 Coral Banded Shrimp

very impressive gear and the support you seem to providing would be hard to find anywhere else
    big fan of the international compatability too
    still a ways off my real tank but i may have to start thinking about incorporating one of these

8. Click Here!

9. petruzzelli

petruzzelli Plankton

tnx for all..
    whit RA is all ok..
    i wait for italian version
    you think you can?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  10. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Has there been mention of some form of "lunar simulator", like the aqua controller has? I want to simulate the moon phases over my tank...but right now I am leaning towards the Reef Angel.

11. crank2211

Thanks, chappy... Things have come pretty far in not even a years time. I'm excited to see how things will look in the next 6 months :)

Italian/English version was posted lastnight. You should be able to download it and give it a shot.

That exact feature doesn't exist as far as I know. There is a function, though called "PWMSlope" You set a start time, start %, end time and end %. So what you can do is slowly ramp up your LED's from 20% to 100% over the course of an hour or two, then leave them at 100% for 7 hours and then begin ramping them back down over the next hour or two...

I don't know how moon phases are calculated, but I'm sure a function could be written to figure out the % for a given day and then set your LED's to run at that %..

12. petruzzelli

petruzzelli Plankton

ok tnx
    then there is something I do not do well, we start from the beginning
    1) I downloaded the latest version reefangel libraries, bookstores curtbinder-ReefAngel-v0.8.5.14, Ragen.
    2) Insert the libraries pde with Ragen create the file, load the file pde
    3) discharge davemolton-Client-Suite-2.1.1-Installer
    4) Install RAclient
    5) I open the software I'm going to change and enter my email passwords, save
    Now what do I do to start it up?
    deemed to use the USB cable.
    how do I configure my wifi?