refug for 72 gal?

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by UMdmd, Mar 28, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. UMdmd

UMdmd Astrea Snail

Hey guys

I finally got the stand for my 72 bowfront, with the built in over flow.  I was wondering what you guys thought would be the best way to go as far as filtration.  Wet/dry or refuge?  I feel that the wet/dry maybe easier set up to start with.  If I were going to use a refuge i would use a 20 gal I already have and put in some baffles like some of the designes i seen here. If i did use the 20 gal as a refuge what size return pump would i need for adequate flow? Any help in deciding on weather to use a wet/dry or refuge would be great

I plan on keeping some coral and anenomes in the future, along with the usual fish. I will also be placing live rock and sand. Thanks again.

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

4. UMdmd

UMdmd Astrea Snail

John

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions on what size return pump I need. Did you use 2 over flows or did you just spilt the plumbing after the overflow? Thanks again, and karma to you.
    Damion

5. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I am using 2 - 800 gallon per hour overflows and 2-Mag -7 return pumps with the returns going to opposite ends of the tank. ................... John

PS Thank You for the Karma ;)

6. UMdmd

UMdmd Astrea Snail

So would you say I should use one mag 7 for the refuge?