Reframing with glass.

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by DrBowen, Apr 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DrBowen

DrBowen Plankton

I had a 75g in my shed that needed a new top frame. I ordered one a while ago but never got around to fixing it. I pulled out the other day to put it on and saw that somehow the bottom corner of the frame has broke off.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365555603.752187.jpg
    My first thought was to buy another frame to replace the bottom but with shipping it cost about $40. I will buy it if I have to but I also realized I have 1/4" thick glass strips that are 3.5" wide. Could I cut these into 18" long strips and put one on each side plus one in the middle on the top and use my replacement frame for the bottom. I don't know if this is considered euro bracing or not or better yet would I even need to replace bottom frame? The lip of the frame is still strong on it

2. Click Here!

3. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

well do you plan on building your own stand? if so why not make the stand have like a inch high lip that will snuggle fit the bottom of your tank

4. DrBowen

DrBowen Plankton

In case someone else has a similar problem, it looks like the bottom frame is to prevent chipping and to match top frame, which is required. This is for a 75g. I don't know about anything bigger

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Sounds plausable.

You just may have started something here!

Welcome to 3REEF!