Reefrocks?

Discussion in 'Sand' started by Triplemom, Nov 22, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I'm thinking of ordering rock/sand from them. Yes? No? Why or why not? I need about 50 pounds more of dead rock and about 120ish pounds of dead sand. I'm going to add about a cup of my existing sand to the new system.

I want a sand bed of about 3 inches, which is what I have now in the 46.

Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

Go for it!....they have great prices and with orders of 50 lbs they give you clean sand. Their rock is your typical dry base rock from florida that won't cycle your tank and the sand is a good grade. Plus their shipping is good.

4. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Yea decent rock. But compaired to brs pukani its junk. Lol like most base rock you will find at any lfs. Its good but not the best. Lol

5. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

??? Why compare it to completely different rock at all? This is mined rock we are talking about here.

Back OT, I have made a few purchases from Reefrocks. I have their rock and sand in all of my tanks. Their rock is the same porous rock that others sell, but I found they have the best pricing. Their sand is awesome. Not too fine, has lots of shells mixed in, and doesn't need to be rinsed. So I say go for it!

6. Triplemom

I ordered from Reef Rocks yesterday! Got an additional 50 pounds of rock and 120 pounds of sand. The delivery guy is going to love me...

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

sounds like you made a good decision :)

8. Click Here!

9. i3oosted

i3oosted Flamingo Tongue

Reefrock is not the same as any live rock you see in a LFS. I've never come across any rock that is as porous as reefrocks IMO.

Only thing you have to worry about is actually getting your product you ordered... I wish you luck!

10. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

it's true. my next tank build I will be using more of reefrock than BRS pukani rock. I feel like I messed up starting with pukani. That rock literally took months to completely leach out all it had in it. The beautiful vs. headache wasn't there for me.

11. Triplemom

Got the 50 pounds of rock from Reef Rocks today and it looks great! I'm very pleased with the rock. Still waiting on the sand...

12. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

good news! getting psyched for the upgrade? :)