Reefrocks, well, rocks!

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by i3oosted, Nov 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. i3oosted

i3oosted Flamingo Tongue

Bought 100lbs of rock, 80lbs of sand. Used 90lbs of the rock and all of the sand for a good 2"+ sand bed.

The sand: About perfect, not course and not sugar. Doesn't cloud storm your tank that much and settles pretty quick. Nice, white, and prerinsed, just add to tank.

The rock: Exactly how I asked for it with a few custom pieces shaved to sit on the bottom of tank. This rock is INSANELY porous. I'm lucky enough to have 5+ LFS withen a short driving distance and NONE of their standard liverock even comes close to reefrocks. I just gave them a quick rinse, spread them out on the floor and went to work on my aquascape. Almost done cycling and NO LEACHING. Hardly any rubble in the boxes and they looked beat up. MAYBE enough for a refugium.

Best of all, Steves pricing. Nobody comes close and free sand(awesome sand at that)!

I won't lie, the service wasn't there for me. It took over a month to get my order after a dozen calls back and forth sorting my simple order out but at that kind of price, I expected that.

Anyways, if you want great sand and beautiful rock, definitely give reefrocks a try, just be diligent about your packages getting sent out.

2. Click Here!

3. SyntheticBreed

SyntheticBreed Feather Duster

Very cool, glad they worked out for you - ill have to check them out next time around :)

4. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

I talked to them yesterday and the guy told me he was two weeks behind on shipping out orders. Great prices though. I decided to buy live rock from a lady locally that was getting out of the hobby. 50 lbs for $100 bucks. Real good looking rock.

5. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

I had the same issue with service.... after 3 weeks I finally gave up. No response to emails, so I called a couple of times and he promised it would be sent out that day to no avail. Couple of days ago I did a paypal report. It took exactly one minute for him to respond (at 11:30pm)- cancelling my order. No refund yet. Needless to say, I am very disappointed

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

The standard in our day and time seem to be the items starts the ship within 1 day!

I won't be ordering from them, glad the OP finally got what he wanted though.

7. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

He got both of my orders out a couple days after ordering. I let him know the tanks the rocks were going in, and you can tell the rocks were chosen for my tanks. I was very satisfied with both orders! Worth the wait IMO.

8. Click Here!

9. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

Each persons experience with him seems to vary. The original reason I ordered with him was because he was recommended to me here by someone that ALWAYS gives excellent advice. Honestly, I didnt want my order cancelled- I just wanted to know what was going on. I guess thats where the frustration came in. I felt like I was getting the runaround. Had I been given an honest timeframe I would have waited. My order may have been small- but I'm still a customer, and being told lies made me feel like my business wasnt valued.

I'm not trying to bash the guy, or discourage others from ordering from him.

10. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

an update on my situation with reefrocks.... He sent me a cancellation notice on 1/25. I then ordered rock from marcorocks. Today I received a tracking # from reefrocks. So it appears that he has kept up his part in the bargain. Also, I am going to have 70+lbs of dry rock and 80 lbs of sand :p LOL just my luck

11. Zechenia

Zechenia Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I was going to post a similar negative review of his service. Lots of broken promises about when he was going to be shipping (he shipped half the order, but held half since I asked him to cut a few pieces for me).

However, I decided not to write a review until I received the rock. Well, he ended up sending me 50 free pounds, and some amazing pieces to work with. He said he was in the process of moving locations and some partnership changes, so I think delays are inevitable.

Would I order from him again... I'm not sure. If I was in no hurry, then probably. You can't beat his price, and the rocks he sent were amazing (check out my build thread for a little video of my rockwork. All from ReefRocks. And I have another FULL box that is in my closet for a future nano re-build.)

12. tunamike

tunamike Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I just ordered from steve as well... and his speed leave some to be desired, even him speaking leaves some speed to be desired... lol... I had to! Really sad part is i live 30 min away and took almost 2 weeks...but it is really nice stuff and the price is right!!! All I can say that i would have liked to be different would be for him to just be straight forward about being swamped and let me know when it would really be. I would order again... great stuff and just as good of prices.