Reefmonkey's Fuge...New residents and pic update!

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by reefmonkey, Apr 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

After turning a one day project into a week long mini epic you can see here I'm glad to say it's done. The macros I ordered from reefcleaners came today, here's the end result. Pic's aren't the best..I was in a hurry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There was still some junk that got stirred up floating around + the sun coming thru the window behind me didn't help much. I'll post some better pics later...maybe ;D

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. Ultraner

Ultraner Purple Spiny Lobster

Looks good, I like that rack that's holding up the mangroves.

1 person likes this.
  4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Very good setup, looks great.

1 person likes this.
  5. Blaz3dup

Blaz3dup Feather Duster

And now I'm posted up and subcribed here too! (Promise I won't mantis this thread lol)

Fuge' looks good startin to grow in some, hopefully those mangrove roots reach way down also.

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

nice.. lots of good roots there.. love the mix of macro algae too..

1 person likes this.
  7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I'll get better, clearer pics someday..I'm just feeling lazy right now. lol
    There is Ulva, Chaeto, red Gracilaria, money plant and shaving brush in there. And of course the mangroves.
    I also have some chaeto and ulva in a section of my sump that is on an opposite light cycle. I shut my skimmer down and started testing for NO3 and P043 just to satisfy my own curiosities on how much they use really. I intentionally fed a frozen cube yesterday with no rinsing and know the binders contain phosphate. Both NO3 and P043 were still @ 0 this morning.

8. Click Here!

9. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

you rebel!

lol. doesnt surprise me, with that amazon forest you call a fuge.. probly dont even need to run a skimmer.. I wonder if you didnt run it for a week and feed 1 cube a day.. what your nitrate/phos would be by day 7. Do it Do it NOW!!

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

LOL not quite that severe of a test;D If anything at all shows up the skimmer gets going and the gfo gets put to work. I hate algae in my dt!!!

11. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

lol nice setup bud, i got two mangroves one in my overflow intake and one in my skmmer intake... I have postponed the fuge for a good while

12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

H. Zosterae (Dwarf Seahorse) & Dwarf Pipefish!!

Well today I added 3 male and 4 female dwarf ponies and 2 dwarf pipefish! I ordered them all from www.sealifeinc.net and man I am impressed with the quality of livestock, shipping packaging and CS all around. I actually only ordered 6 zost's but they thru an extra little girl in there + 2 of the males are very preggers! I got a few pics but they aren't the best and of only two of the seahorses. It may be awhile for the pipefish. They hide in the chaeto with just thier heads barely poking out. Happy to say that everyone was picking pods off the weeds within fifteen minutes of introduction! ;D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.