Reefkeeper 2

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by sean_p_f, Oct 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

If anyone is familiar with setting the ph probe levels with the reefkeeper 2 please im me as i have some questions as to doing it correctly. Thank you in advance.

2. Click Here!

3. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

4. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

Ok now that I have had my Reefkeeper 2 set up and running for a few days all I can say is WOW. I am very glad that I spent the money on this addition to the tank.

Some of the bonuses I have found is it has reduced the cord and power strip clutter from my tank. I no longer require separate light timers, ph monitor or thermometer. One of my favorite features is that since I do not use a chiller (at this time) if my tank reaches a set temperature it will shut down my lights so to help control the temperature. I will admit I hope the tank never gets that hot however it is a nice feature. The unit will also turn my heater on and off to prevent it from sticking in the on position and running up the tank temperature.

After I have had it a little longer I will post any negatives that I find for the unit if any. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in a controller.

5. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Glad it is working out for you... They look awesome...

6. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

I have been running the RK2 since it became available, and I love it!!

Note, In the same way that temp can turn your lights off, it can turn a fan on to increase the evaporation from the tank.

I'm looking at their new system as a must have upgrade for my new tank....

Digital Aquatics 2008 - ReefKeeper Elite

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  7. Glipzcom

Glipzcom Flamingo Tongue

I definately enjoy the Reefkeeper 2 I have. My problems with it:

Never could get the system to connect to a pc. I bought the weird telephone to serial cable adapter.

That sucked. Also there is some odd desing decisions.

Only 3 buttons on the face of the unit one is "status" which doesnt do anything except say if its in day mode or night mode. And when you push it you have to wait like 10 seconds for it to reset back to normal screen before it will accept any more inputs.

There are some other things, but complaints aside, it did clear up lots of clutter. the digital temp reading gives me peace of mind. And its much easier to manage lots of timed things.

8. Click Here!

9. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Back to the main question how do i hook up the pH probe.

I know how to hook it up, but is it just a tester or continuous monitor? and how is it caliberated? with the solutions that they gave

I have the Pinpoint pH Probe

[​IMG]

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

You need to calibrate the probe first. You have calb fluid??? Some test between 4.00 and 10.00 and others 7.00 to 10.00. Didn't the unit come with directions?

Read away!
    Digital Aquatics 2008 - ReefKeeper 2

11. fishoholic

fishoholic Purple Spiny Lobster

The probe should have come with 2 buffer solutions one 7.00 and one 10.00 for SW.
    FW is the 4.00 - 10.00
    SW is the 7.00 - 10.00

12. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Straight from the manual.