reefcleaners vs. macrorocks!

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well I'm not sure which is better; which one would you recommend? they seem to sell good quality rock but still I wanna make sure which is considered to be better, so to speak. I'm selling all my old LR or maybe keeping it in my other tank since I could never find a good aquascape that suited me, and most of them are cracked a lot so I can't gets a good formation. Trying to do either a cove or 2 island formation, and with the rock I have, it's not working out very well.

2. Click Here!

3. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

For rock then ReefCleaners all the way, right after I ordered my rock john emailed me asking if I wanted a cool show piece rock and asked for my dims to pick out suitable rock for my tank size and he was super nice. Marco rocks has normal rock for sale and cherry picked rock while all of john's rock he picks just for your tank and I am pretty sure John has lower prices

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Reefcleaners huh? BTW what do you mean by dims? I can see that reefcleaners is really good in the sense that u can pick whichever rock u want and theres good customer service. Anyone have experience with macrorocks?

5. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have 35 lbs. Marco key largo dry in my tank. I love it. Shapes are awesome and really allow for creativity. Very porous too.

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah I've heard and seen some of the rocks and they look pretty good too

7. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

Dims = dimensions. I got mine from macro rocks, and i love it!. As far as customer service goes, i would say reefcleaners all the way though.

8. Click Here!

9. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Hmm now I'm not sure what to pick! lol I'm on their sites right now looking at the rocks!

10. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

dims=dimensions, he was picking rock for my tank size. To be honest, I didnt like the idea of cherry picked rock so thats one of the reasons I went with reefcleaners. I think John's rock is as porous as any rock, just look at the pictures on his site here

11. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

whoa. looking at a few aquascapes on the page i see that aquascaping can be done way better with that kind of rock, its very porous, and it looks awesome overall.

12. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

Also marco is charging $2.50-3.00 a pound while reef cleaners is charging $1.50-2.00 a pound