REEFBREEDERS LIGHT! chime in if you have it.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Toallhisdoom, Jul 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bhazard

bhazard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

My DIY is actually very close to what your supernova will be outputting. I was surprised at how similar once you announced it. 180 watts.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/led-aqu...t-e-luxeon-180w-build-137507.html#post1379438

I tried to have one of the factories make a full Cree XT-E light for me too, but none of them have jumped on the opportunity yet. Its much nicer having a PCB board than having wires everywhere.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

We started at 48 LEDs, but moved it up to cater to customers, who prefered more control, more UV, more reds, etc.. We went from 6 uv to 12, and 2 reds, greens, and blues to 4 of each. The XP-E LEDs will be readily available to them for maybe 6 more months, then the XT-Es will be picked up, but slightly behind the newest LEDs after the XT-Es. It is a continuous cycle in the industry.

4. bhazard

bhazard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Yeah, I can't wait to see the Supernova once its ready. It will easily best a Vega or Radion in output. I have my own proof that it will.