reefbreeder photon for sps???

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by legacyline, May 30, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. legacyline

legacyline Plankton

im thinking about going with the reef breeder photn 48 over my 90 gal..it will be 100% sps tank and was wondering if any of you have experience with the reefbreeder photon lights? how well are your sps growing? , dying?, not growing?? what optics your using?? and if the color spectrum is good out of the box without arranging the led's?.... any input would be great ..thanks

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I've seen them in action and if I ever decide to do another tank and switch to led (I'm a halide guy), I'm going with the photon. Alot of bang for the buck and the spectrum is great. The tank grows like crazy but as with any tank, the light is only half the equation to running a successful reef. Reefbreeders will answer any specific questions about the light for you. You'll find them on the sponser area of 3reef.

Mr. Bill likes this.
  4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I saw one in action .. SPS looked top notch , full of color. The owner did mention certain corals he has to have near the top of the tank to get the color he wants.

Mr. Bill and DSC reef like this.
  5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I'm using chinese full spectrum LED's, 2 channel dimmer each, and my stuff grows well.

I'd say go for it

Mr. Bill and DSC reef like this.
  6. Moulton712

Moulton712 Plankton

Go for it. Adam at battle corals has one over one of his sps tanks. All his sps have great colors!