Reefbreeder 32

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Pankak322, Jan 15, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

how far up do you have to lift them before you get good coverage. I honestly don't think you lose that much par if you raise them up above the water a little further.

2. Click Here!

3. tonythereefer

tonythereefer Fire Shrimp

Probably close to 16" above the water before I get decent light on the sides

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

HMMMMM the fixture is so danged nice! I think it is 2 value fixtures for me.

5. tonythereefer

please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining its a great light, I just want people to be aware that a 32" fixture will not completely cover a 48" tank

as they say hind sight is 20/20 lol had I known I would have probably bought two of the value fixtures but C'est la vie like I said I will make it work

6. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

They covered it okay when we tested. 120 degree optics would make a huge difference, so no optics in the future. We will take your suggestions and make the fixtures without the optics, which should improve spread immensely.

7. i3oosted

i3oosted Flamingo Tongue

Here is my 75g with the light 8"-9" above the water level, there is some darkening at the sides.

The light is plenty bright, looks very good for the most part, and the moonlights were done right as in selecting a very low level to get that almost pitch black with a little moonlight coming through... very nice.

Things I wish I would of changed.

I should of bought it with 120 optics, this would of gave enough light to the sides, and made up my own LED arrangement. Take out a couple of the reds/oranges/blues out and add more white/natural LEDs.

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. tonythereefer

Should/could I remove my optics? If I did would it void the warranty? If not how easy, or hard as the case may be, is it to remove the optics?

I would definitely keep the optics as an option for those with bigger deeper tanks, but yeah I think 120 would be the way to go

10. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Without optics is almost 120. I believe the lenses are held in by the acrylic. I may be wrong but they should come right off.

11. Pankak322

Pankak322 Flamingo Tongue

I have my fixture about 16 inchs above the water line with the power set at 40% no issues no shadows with 90 degree optics

12. tonythereefer

Yeah but at 16" I would start to worry what kind of par I'm getting at the middle of the tank, the top I'm sure would be fine but the middle and bottom might start to get iffy

I mean on an 21" high tank you're talking 37" for the light to hit bottom if its hung 16" high, to me thats pushing it but please correct me if I'm wrong