Reefbreeder 32

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Pankak322, Jan 15, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

You lose very little if any through the air. Gosh I wish I could find that article by sanjay joshi

2. Click Here!

3. tonythereefer

tonythereefer Fire Shrimp

Well then why do people suggest to raise LEDs when their coral is starting to bleach?

I'll try raising the lights and see if I have any adverse affects on my lower corals

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

They lose some but not as much as one would think, I don't think. Anyway, I would try raising them a bit more, especially with the optics.

5. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

You can, as long as you do not break the fixture in the process, you are good to go. They come right off, they are on holders with no glue.

6. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

You lose a decent amount of light at 16", but not enough to make a huge difference on shallow tanks. On deeper tanks, you can go lower and still hit the edges towards the bottom anyways.

7. tonythereefer

tonythereefer Fire Shrimp

I'm gonna keep my lights where they are and see how things go, I may decide to remove the optics in the future but for now I'll run with it and try to keep folks posted on how things turn out

8. Click Here!

9. Pankak322

Pankak322 Flamingo Tongue

whoops, just remeasured, Im 12 inches from the water line to the lights.

I have one of my new SPS in the mid of my tank just wanted to get it used to the LEDs before I move it up. Also most SPS corals well not most but a good amount them love thrive in the 300 to 400 par rating