reef science

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by jonathan, Feb 24, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

has anyone ever purchased anything from this purveyor? their live rock looks really nice (indonesian) and i have been debating buying from them. all comments appreciated.

www.reefscience.com

2. Click Here!

3. jonathan

how about....has anyone made a purchase regarding livestock from this company? i'm just trying to gain some positive/negative feedback. thanks.

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

sorry, i have never used them, they seem good though...but hey dont judge a book by its cover :x

wow...their live rocks looks awsome!...but since there are still polpys on it...im guessing not cured and well...idk if those corals can survive the curing process...and putting uncured rock into a mature tank isnt the best idea

5. jonathan

i've talked to the owner (chad) a few times about the lr...the coraline covered rock is cured, he only sells it that way. the other rock with the polyps i'm not to sure about, it wasn't the one i am interested in so i didn't ask questions pertaining to that rock. this rock will be placed into a new and clean tank with no inhabitants....thanks for the reply bruce.

6. coastal

coastal Plankton

have done several deals with chad , his stuff is good

7. jonathan

thanks for the reply coastal, i actually ordered 20# indonesian and it's cycling at the moment (at reef science). i just hope it looks as good as chad indicates...the price i paid was crazy! $6.85 a pound plus shipping equals out to about $190 (raising the price to $9.50 a pound)....i don't know if any live rock is worth that much but we'll see!