Reef Scavengers

Discussion in 'Reef Scavengers' started by JetEngineMech, Oct 6, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stevorh

stevorh Plankton

But they don't have nearly as many animals. Then again, if they don't send the order it'll be a much better deal than reefscavengers.com

2. Click Here!

3. bsharding1982

bsharding1982 Plankton

I too placed an order with them. My order was placed 1/5. I got an email on 1/11 saying it would be delayed due to the extra cold weather and they it will be sent the following Monday. I have sent multiple emails asking for an update or any acknowledgement that they even still exist.

4. stevorh

stevorh Plankton

Wow, that was more of a response than I received. Hopefully after they warm up they'll go ahead and send them out. I can understand if they are a small operation and are a little backlogged, but at least tell me why instead of just neglecting to respond!

5. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

I like how they responded to the OP. Nice to know they're sitting watching the forum when they should be emailing their customers with updates. I will never buy from them and I urge others to do the same. Theres so much trust thats involved in buying from little online outfits that if that trust is broken its too bad for them.

6. bsharding1982

bsharding1982 Plankton

So, I got an email finally yesterday. Guess you just have to pester them to get a response.

I'm kinda conflicted on how I feel about their response. First they said the specimens couldn't be collected due to cold temperatures. This time they said the order has not come in due to the earthquake in Haiti.

I don't know if I should feel bad for them, or will the next response be because there are tonadoes in Texas.

I would be more understanding if everyone didn't have to keep badgering them to get an update, almost like they are using whatever is in the news as an excuse.

I asked them to cancel my order for now and I will order again in the spring after things clear up.

7. stevorh

stevorh Plankton

I'm gonna stick with them a little while longer. I hope it ships out soon! I am a middle school science teacher and my students will be heart broken if they don't come in after i've been talking about getting them in. We're studying invertebrates currently.

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

When it comes to online companies giving you issues contact them and let them know of your demands and that if you are not met within a certain time frame you will have to file a fraud charge with IC3.gov This normally works asap. Demands as in shipping, correspondence with the company, useful info, etc.

IC3 is a division of the FBI and deal primarily with internet crime and fraud.
    Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

I have had to file a report with IC3 before, and not only did I get my money back, the company is facing criminal charges, fines, and losing their business license.

10. stevorh

stevorh Plankton

They finally e-mailed me today with a reply. I guess the earthquake in Haiti has affected their ability to keep a few inverts in stock. I was told my shipment would go out either today or tomorrow. I'll post when I receive.

11. mcmarkrazz

mcmarkrazz Astrea Snail

im waiting to see what happens

ya the package arrived today..always so sweet to get a box full of dead critters after spending over $200and of-cource $30 worth of critters wernt even in the order that were paid for .. i know i will never get the live guarentee form this rip-off company as they lied about shipping and other things already so save your money there are a lot of good venders this just isnt 1 of them [​IMG]
    also took 24 days for them to ship it out then 6 days in transit according to there emails on shipping date. im so pissed that is alot of money for us and my tank still need to be stocked so i have to wait for whom knows how long to see if maybe i get a refund before i can get stuff in my tank

12. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

This is a 2 year old post. Am I missing something here. Check the dates.