Reef safe wrasse for 40g breeder?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by 4phish, Apr 12, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 4phish

4phish Montipora Digitata

Any recomendations? Nothing that gets to big or too pricey.

2. Click Here!

3. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

six line? fairy? sorry dont know too much about wrasses

4. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

lots of flasher wrasse and fairy wrasse can fit into a 40 gallon halichoeres and six/four line plus possum wrasse will do to;D

5. BlueWaters10

BlueWaters10 Skunk Shrimp

A six line would work great!

6. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

I would not put any fairy into a 40gal tank. It's simply too small, and they need their swimming space.

You could do a flasher wrasse however. That'd be my recommendation. Paracheilinus

A sixline would be fine with the space, but there's a 90% likelihood he'll eventually terrorize your other fish. If you insist on one, please make sure he'll be compatible with your other tankmates and add him last. Small, but Pugnacious: The Pseudocheilinus Wrasses (Full Article) | Details | Articles | TFH Magazine®

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Small Halichoeres species wrasse would be fine, but they most likely will terrorizes small tube worms and small snails

8. Click Here!

9. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

I really don't recommend a flasher for any tank less than 4 feet long, myself. I had a few in a 38 (3 ft. long) and the male didn't have enough room to swim when it really got in the flashing mood. It would have to stop short, almost crashing into the side every time. Felt really bad for it. That was before they were popular and no one really knew much about them.

10. rick36

rick36 Plankton

i have a six line in my 40 gallon. never been aggressive towards other fish or coral. great addition