Reef Octopus NWB-200?

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by TriggersRule, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TriggersRule

TriggersRule Feather Duster

Does anyone have any experience with the Reef Octopus NWB-200? From what I have read it is rated for up to 250 gal, I'm wondering if this will be sufficient for 135 gal fowlr predator tank? I really would like to get the Bubble-Magus BM200P but I only have 14 1/2 x 9 1/2 clearance to get a skimmer in to my sump and I think the bubble magus will be just a tad too big unless I cut the lip on my sump :-/ Any input would be appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

im sure it'd be sufficient, i dont know how well they work or have any first hand experience with them though.

anything rated for 150gal would be spec'd closer to what you need though i think.

4. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

Have you considered placing the BM diagonal in the sump(if that makes sense)? That's what i'm gonna do with my NAC6 in my 10g sump to save some room.

5. TriggersRule

I was actually contemplating trying to do that to get it to fit, I'm just worried that if I order it and it doesn't work Im going to have a hard time returning it.

6. Jim522

Yea i gotcha. That would suck. How big is the sump? Just curious.
    Maybe time for a larger sump with more room to play with???
    Too big is never big enough...

7. TriggersRule

Total volume is 60 gallons, when I got it I thought it would be more than big enough for anything I could throw at it....not so happy with the design after bringing it home and setting it up but I did get a killer deal on it.

8. Click Here!

9. Jim522

Wow 60g is pretty big. i would think you could fit whatever monster skimmer you would want in there. Bummer...
    Got any pics of the setup? I'm sure somebody here can come up with something if we knew what it looked like.

10. TriggersRule

Here's a pic of it before all the plumbing was setup and water was added to the tank.

Attached Files:

11. TriggersRule

A few current pics...

Attached Files: