Reef keeper lite

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by kss2801, Jun 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Mine has a little thump, but not bad. Maybe the bigger HKs are louder? I would say I notice it once and a while, but if anything it reminds me its working. My MP40 is probably more noticeable.

2. Click Here!

3. vtecintegra

vtecintegra Fire Worm

I looked up the airline mod but it looks like it was for the previous generation koralias.

4. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

That's what I have... the bulky ones. Not the evos. I believe the Koralias evolution series are wavemaker compatible.

5. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis

How do you know which is correct?

Most of what i read said the noise was from the older models, but i read a few accounts of noise from the evos.

Very good to hear. I don't mind a little noise, once it's not a long, loud clatter.

Yeah, this is what i was thinking, but maybe it would help if you have a new one that is noisy?

Thanks for all the responses.
    Sorry for not responding sooner, we had long weekend and I was at the beach for the whole time. ;D

6. Owentl

Owentl Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

The big thing to remember w/ the PC4 is to plug low power items into channels 2 & 3. If you need to use 1 & 4 then use a power strip in between. The power strip that works best in one of the ones that has the illuminated switches so it will draw a bit more power and make the PC4 happy..

1 person likes this.
  7. kss2801

Thanks for the heads up. I placed the order today so I should have it soon.
    For now I will just be running my 2 evo 1400's and my cfl fuge light.

8. Click Here!

9. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Owenti, great point, although you have the ports backwards, low power devices should be on 1 & 4. I also had this problem, at first I had my pump plugged into 3 and it would not shut off. Then I found this on the DA technical support forum and switched it to 4. Switching to 4 fixed the problem and it has worked perfect since.

Digital Aquatics Forum • View topic - RKL and wavemaker issue

1 person likes this.
  10. kss2801

Thanks for clearing that up.
    One more question, does the wavemaker function completely turn off the pumps or does it just ramp down the power?

11. VitalApparatuz

VitalApparatuz Feather Duster

The only thing I didn't like about the RKL was the 4 module limit.I was up to five modules by month 2....luckily they have an upgrade program where you can send in your RKL and get an Reef Keeper Elite for basically 50 bucks off. I love mine I dont know how Ive been reefing this long without it :)

1 person likes this.
  12. kss2801

Good to know. Can't wait to get mine.