reef controllers so manny to chose from

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by gt40425hp, May 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Do a review pleas when u get it idk what one to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. cgarner

cgarner Skunk Shrimp

Will do. UPS just delivered it so I'm just now pulling all the components out of the box. I will get things installed in my stand and then start playing with it.

4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

yes if you want it to be wireless you will want to pick up a wireless gaming adapter. they are about 35 dollars here is the one i bought its working great and was super easy to set up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2587wt_1139

5. boostednlinefor

boostednlinefor Fire Worm

I actually picked up pink4miss’ old Reef Angel and love it (thanks again BTW pink4miss). I wish it had a bigger screen, but I keep it in my cabinet anyways. Dave is releasing the iPhone app here pretty soon anyways so I can pull up whatever I need from the couch or my chair at work. I think Neptune has an iPhone app already out.. which is awesome I hear.

Roberto, Curt and Dave all put an incredible amount of time helping folks in the Reef Angel forum and working on their own additions and improvements to the platform. Open source is awesome and you’re not limited to the drawn out process of corporate product development.

That being said I’ve heard of nothing but great things about the Neptune systems. They’ve been around a long time are very deep in to their product line.

The Neptune is the better quality and much more refined product. It’s also much more a plug-in-play deal, but also quite a bit more expensive.

Reef Angel is open source so it’s constantly evolving. It will require a decent amount of tinkering, but things like RAGen have taken much of the “coding” out of it. And if you need something additional, post it on the forums and Roberto or Curt will give you something to cut and paste in. RA is also much less expensive.

6. cgarner

cgarner Skunk Shrimp

I have to say, So far Apex is a breeze to configure. However, I'm having some problems with my temp. My Apex temp prob is reading 5 degrees higher than the other 2 temp thermometers I have on my tank

7. gsxr1000rider

gsxr1000rider Fire Shrimp

Awesome!!!! I just bought that one today off eBay for $25... Glad it's working for ya, makes me feel good. They were $60 at best buy. Can't wait to get it so I can be wireless!!

8. Click Here!

9. gt40425hp

gt40425hp Feather Duster

sounds like apex it is let the saveing begin it will be 2-3 months before ill need it

10. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

im so glad its working out for you, i was worried a bit in the beginning as you know, its why i said " do you know programing". its not easy. i hope you can get the wireless adapter soon. or did you get it? glad to hear they are taking some of the coding out of it, and making their buyers life a bit easier, all that thing did was frustrate me. lol i gave up and let it just run my lights.

hey, yes the apex is very plug and play :) love that! till your ready to jump into advanced and put your own codes in. that opens up a whole new bunch of things you can do with it. its really well thought out.

have you contacted them, they get right back to you if you shoot them an email.

great, i think you will be happy with it. one tip, i had to unplug the gaming adapter and plug it back in after it was set. i also had to do a restart on the apex after the apex was programmed with its own ip addy. not sure you will need to do this but keep it in mind. mine has been running great. and i love just popping onto my laptop to do changes.

you wont be sorry

11. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

my gf just orderd my apex lite for my bday :)

12. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

what a great gf, thats an awesome gift, and Happy Birthday