reef controllers so manny to chose from

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by gt40425hp, May 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

It is not something that important. They read conductivity and then convert to S.G. But even with the Neptune you need a conductivity probe and a module to read it... same for RK... for Neptune it's $200. I did not see a need. Nice number to look at but not for $200. I was looking at doing a auto set up but was undecided if I wanted to control salinity off of it. That opens a big can of worms.

Neptune is the one to beat these days. They set the bar... if all you want is a light timer, there are others that can do that... once you get the Neptune... you will not have buyers remorse

2. Click Here!

3. kornaco40B

kornaco40B Spaghetti Worm

You're right... I had a moment to browse the Apex Jr. product info, wow! Considering that's a JUNIOR, only imagine what ole SENIOR is capable of!

4. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

What about apex lite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

I think the only major difference between the apex and apex lite is the module. The Lite only has a temp and one other probe. The Apex has a temp and two other probes, as I understand it.

Please correct me if I am wrong as I am no expert in controllers!

6. gsxr1000rider

gsxr1000rider Fire Shrimp

7. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I think the difference between the lite and regular apex is that the lite doesnt have the LED controller module atleast from what I can see I really want one but dont wanna fork over the cash lol

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

thats one thing and the full apex can also operate the tunze pumps that are speed controllable from what i understand. plus it has the orp/ph it can be used for either a orp or a second ph

10. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

I will be buying the apex as long as the jr is up gradable you have less outlay up front. I hear the display is small and I am old so I will use my 24 inch monitor and droidx to operate it. Just my 39 cents. ;D;D;D

11. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

go for the apex lite

12. cgarner

cgarner Skunk Shrimp

I ordered my apex lite a couple days ago. Should be here in a couple days. I can't wait to get it and and start playing around with it.

One question - do I need to buy a wireless unit for it to be able to connect to my computer? I already have a wireless router for my computer but it is upstairs. I assume the game wireless unit would be used to connect to my apex and transmit to my computers wireless router.