reef controllers so manny to chose from

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by gt40425hp, May 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gt40425hp

gt40425hp Feather Duster

I wasent shure where to post this . i have been looking into getting a controller with temp ph and i want to control lighting 2-3 doseing pumps possibly control 3 of my 5 powerheads i plan on useing slower flow durring lights out

i was looking at the neptune and reefkeeper and im really thinking the reefkeeper lite level 3 would do the trick is there anyone useing that set up ? if so how do you like it

or is it worth the extra cash and buy the neptune . i have never used any type of controller before and looking at them online almost seems daunting i think there could be a newbe section just for them . i dont even know where to start

thanks for the info

2. Click Here!

3. kurens

kurens Astrea Snail

got the same problem:)would like to find out also...how is reef angel compare to both mentioned in post above.

4. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

I have the rk lite. Works great. Neptune seems better but not if you don't need the extra features. I went with the rk lite because they let you upgrade latter. I thougtht I would but so far have not felt the need. Really depends what you want to do though the apex is reeeaaly nice :)

5. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i have the apex and love it. its very user friendly and well made.i can tell you the quality of the neptune apex is tops, and every thing is well thought out. display easy to read and is seen at a glance, one small wire attached to the display, all probes are plugged into a separate box. i have it doing all kinds of things for me, besides all the fail safes i have it set to do. wished i had bought this controller first. im even using the advanced programming and putting in codes on this. its really a great unit. it also sends info to my computer. and i can program it threw there. making it wireless just takes a simple 35 dollar gaming adapter, which you can pick up anywhere.

i did have the reef angel and found it hard to program, quality is so so, also the ph probe and temp probes and ato senses get plugged into the display unit of the RA which is a pain. so when you grab the display to do anything all these wires are attached. also the display is very small and hard to read at a glance.

cant tell you a thing about the reefkeeper since i have never had one or even seen one in person.

6. Tecnomage

Tecnomage Astrea Snail

7. gsxr1000rider

gsxr1000rider Fire Shrimp

+10000000
    I also have the Neptune controller, a matter of fact I just got it today and I have to say it is by far the best investment I have made so far. I've spent all dayyyy playing around with it and setting everything up and WOW! It's very easy to setup, nice display screen and IMO well put together. I thought I had it pretty loaded until I went to a local reefers house to check out his and man was I surprised, it almost seems endless of what it is capable of. He has it controlling EVERY thing on his tank, sensors to ATO dimming LED's, tunze, sump lights, chiller, fans, heater etc, even had one of his powerheads running wireless off the Neptune wireless box..his also read his temp, ph and SG. Looks like I have alot more to invest in.

He told me he had the rk before and thought it was ok until he moved UP to Neptune (those were his words). He said it was alittle difficult to setup, the display was smaller and it wasn't able to expand and configure as much as the Neptune. ( not to sure what he ment).

I have to say if you go with the Neptune you WON'T be disappointed. I talked to a couple of local reefers before I ordered mine and they all pointed me to Neptune...

After I seen what it can do, I'm looking to add about $300 more to my neptune purchase to complete my setup...

GL and let us know what you choose to do..

8. Click Here!

9. gt40425hp

gt40425hp Feather Duster

i didnt know any of them could read sg i need to do more reading on the apex just may be worth the extra cash to buy the bad boy and be done with it

10. kornaco40B

kornaco40B Spaghetti Worm

That's an interesting system.

11. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

I would go with Apex or Apex Jr.

12. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

I have the ProfiLux on the way!!! they had an amazing deal on that I couldn't pass up through aqua digital!