Reef Cemetary? Really...

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by carpenter, Apr 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. carpenter

carpenter Feather Duster

2. Click Here!

3. Jakerupe

Jakerupe Skunk Shrimp

40 years...I'm there!

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Hey, I told my family not to waste any money on a coffin when I die. Use a scuba waterproof writing pad put it in my pocket saying I wasn't murdered and then throw me in the Mississippi in the middle of the night. I will just eventually end up being food for the reefs.

5. carpenter

carpenter Feather Duster

Tell yer family I'll help 'em get ya out to the Gulf at least before dumpin' ya! I don't think you'ld make it all the way from SaintLouie!

6. carpenter

carpenter Feather Duster

I was really more disgusted by the fact that the state of Texas was concerned that it "might" be considered a cemetary and therefore have to be maintained by the state at the state's cost. I grew up in a town of 500 people and probably 20 cemetaries, all of which were maintained by local folks who more than likely had family buried there so they felt obligated to take care of the final resting place. My experience with the state of Texas and their maintinence of cemetaries is zilch.

As far as the cremation and promotion of the reef environment, its great!

7. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

That's great!!

I always wanted a tombstone that said, "You see? I TOLD you I was sick!!" But on second thought, I think cremation is the way to go. (No pun intended.) :)