Reef Bugs (Good Kind?)

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Bruce, Dec 22, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I guess nobody has tried these, Maybe I will be the first!

4. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

Yeah! Looks promising! It's a pity they don't specify the names and/or strains of the microbes they sell. :cheesy:

5. KWNano

KWNano Plankton

I tried them once, It clouds the water up in the tank for hours. Never used again. I do sprinke alittle in the fuge and the critters in there go nuts for it while its in dry form.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Ya know, I just don't trust Mark Weiss products. Most of his stuff is considered "snake oil" in the hobby and most people who have been in the hobby for a while steer clear of his products.

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Thats good to know, thanks for the heads up!

8. Click Here!

9. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

The description says its like marine snow which is suppose to cloud up your water cause it suspends the food in the water column for your tank to eat.

Mark Weiss products are intended for fully stocked tanks, if you dont have a fully stocked tank, then going by the directions can be bad. I would never do more then a half dose on Mark Weiss products unless you have a fully stocked tank. I love his products, and I know several other people who dont think they are "snake oil" haha. It says in the description what it is, 12 strains of plankton.

10. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Conflicting opinions! My eyes are burning!!!

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: You're always going to find conflicting info about any type of product like this. Keep in mind, however, that I have never used any of Mark Weiss' products. I've only read the accounts of other hobbiests who have used them so take my opinion with a grain of salt :D

12. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

everything in moderation, to much of anything isnt good. without a fully stocked tank that has enough water volume to handle the load will cloud up. ive used this in the past, no need for the full dose. now i use homemade plankton with 2 liter bottles and light.