Reef Breeders LED Reviews

Discussion in 'Reef Breeders' started by Reef Breeders, Jul 29, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

We want some more reviews for the testimonials section of our site, post your reviews, and pics of your setup if you have our fixtures!

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I have only had the light for two weeks, but I have already noticed a color difference in some of my coral colonies and I finally have an "out break" of coraline on the tank's glass. My blue mushroom has a much deeper blue color, my brain frag went from a dull brown, to a more red-ish color and the greens in my zoa colony really stand out beyond belief; this is with the blues and whites at no more than 40% intensity too!

I would most certainly recommend this product, upon the early results. A second unit is in the plans once I upgrade from a 20 gallon to a 55 gallon in the coming weeks.

Thanks Reef Breeders!

4. Reef Breeders

Thanks Kevin!

5. chucko

chucko Plankton

which unit did you get?

6. wesley p

wesley p Flamingo Tongue

I got my two 72w 2 channel fixtures for my 65g thursday. I have never ran led before but compared to my mh they are simply amazing. The leds are way brighter than the 2 150w jbj mh I had.The leds are even brighter at about 15 to 20 percent than the mh. I had a little trouble hanging them because my canopy is only 14 inches tall.I just drilled a hole on the top of the canopy and ran the hanging cables up. I screwed the hanging clip to the back of the canopy putting the lights about seven and a half inches off the water. I really appreciate all the help I got from anemone. He answered all the questions I had.

7. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

For reference to others reading, it would be nice to see what lighting (specs included) you were running and what model you switched to in your reviews.

Color changes happen a lot with LED fixtures, especially going from MH/T5 due to the flooding of 450-475nm blues/royals. It isn't the color actually changing but how it is perceived by your eye...much like the color change from the LFS lighting to your aquarium.

8. Click Here!

9. Reef Breeders

Sounds like a good idea to me! Colors change if you want them to with LEDs, for example, you could blast your corals with the blues, and make their colors crazy, or you could adjust it your old lights color. In some cases, they change regardless, but with dimmable fixtures, the corals are blasted by the royals only as much as the user wants them to.

10. initial_reefer

initial_reefer Bristle Worm

any more reviews or pix?

11. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Bridgelux value fixture.

12. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

I've slowly increased my lighting intensity to about 60% blue and 40% white. I plan on raising those numbers by 10% towards the end of the week. My coraline coverage went from non existent to unmanageable in 3 months. My favia has nearly doubled in size, my mushroom has split, and my candy cane is now putting off a new head.