Reef Aquarium Water Parameters by RHF

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Boomer, May 5, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Boomer

Boomer Feather Duster

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Boomer this is a great one that is not that hard to understand.
    I will definitely reread this a few times.

I always wondered why we kept alk higher than typical ocean values - so it's just to increase coral skeletal growth? Or is there more to it?

4. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

Boomer, that is exactly the article I was looking for. I am getting ready to set up a reef aquarium and I am configuring a computer log so that I can input the data from the testing that I will be doing in to the computer easily and in log form (with date and time etc.) I'm also going to crossreference the dated and timed entries with images of the coralline growth as I go.

That article gives me all the parameters I need to set up a table that I can insert on a daily basis so it will automatically show the data changes over time and compare the readings for an ongoing, systemized maintenance program. If I can get it up and running as a program (lots of code input) it might be a nice little application for ReefHeads to use to track their reef tank readings and set up a maintenance program. [smiley=computer.gif]

Thanks again [smiley=wave.gif]

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Randy Holmes-Farley is the man when it comes to chemistry for a reef tank.