Redoing my room check it out!!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by ScubaBrett22, Apr 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

I know this has nothing to do with fish but i will be moving my 29 gallon bio cube some where else in my room!!! And i know everyone on here is of great knowledge and some one probably could help!

Okay i decided i am now 16 to old for my "T" Shaped bunked and i would be redoing my whole room. Its full of crap and i hate the color and i just need more room and a new start! this is what i am looking at getting but in black http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Serta-Tuscany-Futon-Bed-and-Frame-Package/2655291/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

What i am doing is painting the walls from yellow to a Light blue (Picture #1) i have a example showing my window with the blue paint added by Photoshop and still showing the ugly white/yellow color.

Now i need some help with this!

I am looking for more Beach/ island furniture and it has to be cheap!! I would like to get a Futon because getting one would increase my room sized by "75%" :eek: plus i can have a couch to sit on ;D Does anyone know of any good island furniture or beach style i am addicted to the ocean and well its my life ;D

Attached Files:

• 333.jpg
      333.jpg
      File size:
      380 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. fischkid2

fischkid2 Dirty Filter Sock

have you already painted you room? reason for asking is bc earlier this week someone painted a room where the fish tank was and the tank crashed. So if you havnt done so already seal up your tank as best you can b4 painting. the link below is the thread. theres some good ideas for sealing your tank..

http://www.3reef.com/forums/general-reef-topics/crashed-tank-87079.html

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

you wont like sleeping on a futon. the 'matress' will crap out in a couple of months and you will sleep like crap and be sore every morning. I did that one and never again.

5. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Thank g-d you told me now i would have never knew that TY!!!!

6. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

my Brother who is 22 sleeps on one and says his is amazing and i have to agree it is way better then the 10 year old mattress i have. . .

7. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Agreed, it's nice in the beginning, but the mattress gets harder and lumpy and uncomfortable. Don't worry about painting either, my tanks in my basement I've painted it twice without covering my tank. I didn't use a spray method though and used latex paint. I believe that tank crash came from refinishing hardwood floors which is very different.

8. Click Here!

9. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

I guess i might just get a normal bed and then put my tank RIGHT next to it Hehe xDD i love me fishes ;D and i like to use more earth friendly paint products ;D

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

16 year olds can sleep on concrete and not feel a thing when they wake up :lol: I say get whatever bed you want. You can easily replace the futon mattress if it becomes uncomfortable.

1 person likes this.
  11. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

Very true i slept on my carpet and find it better to sleep in the corner of the room agents to walls nice and comfy ;D

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator