Redo on Aquascaping, :)

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Birchell, Jan 17, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Well I did it again, lol. I went back to an island look, just made the islands more fish friendly. The islands are both tall enough to put some light loving corals on the top, but have enough caves that fish will feel secure. Im liking this one better that any of the other trys, but I wish the cinnamon clowns would stop picking territories in the back!!!! I think the female is a wild clown, because she is still scared of me. The male is always out looking for food, and I think that is helping the female, because she follows him everywhere. The pics are cloudy, but you will get the general idea. I will get some new pics tomarrow when it clears up...... Now that the tank has cycled im really thinking about what kinda fish I want to put in it. Another hard part, lol. But I cant just move and trade fish around, :hehe: . Oh well, let me know what you think,

Michael

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

;D I like this, I think you will find it much nicer than the wall. If I could go back and change my aquascape I would hah.

4. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Looking much better Birchell!!
    Im going throught the same thing with my 120. I have rearanged my rocks a couple of times, ima be posting a before and after pic later. I have come to a conclusion that the rocks have to be setup in a way were your 100% satisfied with. Of course, other peoples ideas and experiences help in making your setup just right.

5. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

thinks guys!! I like this one too. The old one was ok, kinda like two islands with one row of rocks in the middle. Made a cool "U" shape in the middle, but it just wasnt doing it for me, :hehe: . This way I can have one or two dwarf angels and they will have some were to hide, lol. I really really really want to get some corals going in the tank so I can see how the wave maker works, but I dont have enought light yet, so Ill just have to wait, :( . Oh well. Thanks again for the good word, and good luck with you own rock work, lol.

Michael

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Do you have any plans for lighting yet? If you are looking for somthing cheaper than MH...as you might already know, i am the biggest pusher for T-5 lighting. I had PC for 2 years and the corals were ok. I couldnt keep clams and my acros turned brown. With the T-5 all my acors gained their colors back...like under the MH at the warehouse ( Reefermadness Home Page AWSOME PLACE) I am so happy with the T-5...its less W but much more powerful Check out ReefGeek > Aquarium Supplies for Marine, Reef, and Saltwater Aquariums They are friendly people, I like them alot.

7. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

I like the look Birchell.

8. Click Here!

9. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

I am also a big plan on the island look and will be implementing the same thing on my new 180 in a week or 2. Very nice work.

10. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

I love it. I wish I had done the island look as well but I apoxied most of my rocks so good luck changing it.

I think t5ho's is the way to go until led lighting becomes more econimical. I just got the nova extreme t5ho with lunar lights, I can't wait to see the difference.

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

What kind of rock is that. I never seen LR that looks like that

J

12. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

LOL, it is the crapy live rock they have down here. It has like no life on it, but it does have worms, and the bacteria on it. Im realy wanting to order some nicer rock, I just need to wait a few weeks to get the money back up, ha. It is like 40-50 lbs of base rock, and 50 lbs of live. As for lighting, Bruce after seeing your video, im going t-5. You get great light, but dont have to worry about heat. I can do with out the shimering affect.... Im gonna have to get ahold of Reefermadness, and see what they can do for a tek 60". The tank cleared up this morning, but I think you get the idea. It is kinda hard to see in the pic, but the islands start in the back corners, and work out. So they an not just two flat lines, lol. I like having the bigger system now, there are so many options, :hehe: . Thanks, and good luck with your systems,

Michael