red sea max flaw in glass!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by REDMANS CUBE, Feb 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

i got a rsm and today i noticed a flaw in the glass. it isnt on the outside or inside of the tank. it is in the glass. i dont know what the mold them in but it almost looks like a large grain of sand. i cant find the reciept, but would it matter? the "defect" has always been there so would it matter? i want a new tank. it is all i call look at. i can see it from 6 feet away.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You should start with the place you bought it from.
    I think you will need the receipt.

4. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

the flaw was ALWAYS there why would it matter? i just want the tank replaced. (glass) are there store that sell defective RSM at a discount?

5. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

I see your point but look at at the sellers point to. How long have you had it.

6. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

as a sellers point? dont they do quality control at red sea? i can feel it when i rub my finger over it. i have had it for 8 months. i guess i will write red sea and call and ***** ***** *****.

7. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

I know I would be PO'd too but take the nice approach first. You can attract more butterflies with honey instead of vinegar.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

It always matters.

::)
    This will get you nowhere.

This could have happened in shipping, on the way to your house, moving rocks... who knows? You've had it for 8 months too ... and you just noticed it now?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  10. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

ok i dont think you understand me. when i say it is in the glass i mean in the glass. picture a fly in a ice cube!

11. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Did you send in a registration card???

You will need a receipt otherwise. Get with your lfs. They may have a copy on hand. If not, my local one will sometimes hand jamb one if he remembers when you bought it.

12. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

Did you buy it 8 months ago and only now fill it up and notice it or has it been up and running for 8 months and now decided to do something about it?

Sound like an awfully long time to wait before doing anything about it.

I would not use the quality control argument. They'll say how should they catch something in a few minutes of inspection thattook you 8 months to notice. Go with the honey route.