Red Sea Max 250

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by ChrisBs, Mar 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ChrisBs

ChrisBs Purple Spiny Lobster

so there has been a few discussions on the Red sea max range. its been out for a while now and ive just bought one. my first opinion is its a great product nice and easy. but how are people finding it 6 months , a year on is it still the great product that it is on paper. what is your opinion i really wanna know what people are thinking is the skimmer still functioning 12 months later have you had to replace your fans 100 times lets hear it.

2. Click Here!

3. chase14

chase14 Plankton

this is chase 19 btw. i have had my rsm for 2 years now and i still love it. have had to replace the lights a couple times and the the pumps i had to replace once but besides that it has been perfect. The one bad thing about it is the area for the to pumps in the back is very small and is very hard to take the pumps out most of the time i have to take off the hood. But if you are looking for a good tank this one is the way to go it is plug and play all the way. The skimmer on it is ok i have not had to replace it butt you never know and hey if you dont like it theres plenty of room in the back for whatever you want. Now it is not on the cheap side but to me it is well worth it and if have any more questions id b happy to answer them :)

4. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

I have had mine for 7 months. I love it. It doesn't matter what I do the tank always looks good. I bought the 130. My only regret is that I did not get the 250

5. ChrisBs

thanks for that man mine is still cycling but i should have it going in about 2 weeks ive got a yellow tang flame angel and a couple of clowns already that are going into this one. I dont know if you have seen this site Red Sea Max 250 - Adventures in a mini reef - Journal but one ofthese videos shows this guy putting a different skimmer in the bac kof his red sea 250 he also used stronger powerheads on it too hmm you might find this interesting

6. chase14

chase14 Plankton

wow yeah that is pretty cool. did you say you already have the tang in there with the flame angel?

1 person likes this.
  7. ChrisBs

yeah but there not in the red sea max yet there in another tank hanging out with my other fish im putting them in the max with a couple of perculas and hopefully a decent anemone..

8. Click Here!

9. chase14

chase14 Plankton

ooooohhhh i gottcha now some people think that thats to small of a tank for a yellow tang but i have had one for a year and half in my rsm and he is perfectly fine soo hopefully yours will work out too :)

10. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

It's more of a long-term thing with the tangs. They get a bit bigger than a lot of people realize, and combined with their swimming habits, that can make for trouble in a smaller tank. This applies especially if you have 2 fish that are of that size, rather than just the YT as a center fish.

11. roadkingbill

roadkingbill Plankton

I ordering the 250 tomorrow. I hope its as good as it looks on utube.