Red Sea Max 250 - 65 Gallon Plug and Play Aquarium

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 6, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The Red Sea Max just got bigger - introducing the 65 gallon Red Sea Max 250! 8) With 234 watts of T5 lighting, integrated filtration, quality finish and nice details such as the integrated control panel, 3reef expects this to be a hit as well.

[​IMG]

Red Sea Max 250 - The Complete Coral Reef System

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I just received more pics of the accessories of the Red Sea Max 250 aquarium. See Below.

Attached Files:

4. MILLERTIME

MILLERTIME Feather Duster

how much is it going to be? and when does it come out..... i didnt see it on the redseamax.com

5. eggerstout

eggerstout Skunk Shrimp

6. steveh

steveh 3reef Sponsor

Hi everyone. As usual Matt & the 3Reef team are right on the money when it comes to knowing about new products! Our website (www.redseamax.com) is going live this week so check it out over the next day or so. The Max 250 really is a beautiful system and will be available very shortly in the USA. Watch this space!!!

7. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

I've seen these for presale over here in the UK. They are advertised at, at least 1200GBP. Thats like 2k in USD

8. Click Here!

9. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

2k isnt really bad for a 65ish gallon setup, I have about 3500 in my 90 on hardware it adds up fast it's just getting people over the sticker shock

10. steveh

steveh 3reef Sponsor

Max 250

Good point. When we looked at trying to kit out an aquarium with the same spec equipment, it was impossible to do it for this price, nevermind doing it so everything is built in and all works in harmony. Simply trying to install 234watts of T5 lighting to a "self build", without using luminaires etc, is pretty difficult, and then there's the huge skimmer which really is the heart of the system.
    Although the site isn't going to be completed until end of next week, you can get a feel for what the tank is all about if you go to www.redseamax.com

11. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

So what's the word on availability in US. Looking to get it for the kids for christmas. Boy is my wife going to be pissed!! ha ha.

12. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

It is nice, but ive yet to run into an all in one system that incorporates everything an idividual hobbyist looks for. Usually its hard to add reactors or a better skimmer (cause they are never as good as the stand alone skimmers you would buy when u piece a system together) and hard to expand upon cause u only have so much spacein the "filter section" to work with.