Red Sea Coral Pro Salt users...

Discussion in 'Salt' started by FaceOfDeceit, Oct 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Any who use this salt, have you noticed a Phosphate rise? I have freshly made SW in a Brute container, and fresh RO/DI in another Brute container. The RO/DI measures 0.00 on my Hanna Phosphate photometer, but the SW measures 0.07. Out of curiosity to see if my container was leaching, I mixed some new salt water in a brand new HD 5 gallon bucket. New bucket SW, 0.06 reading. I had a spare reactor/pump laying around so I hooked it up with GFO to my new salt Brute, but that is pretty ridiculous! Bad batch of salt? Or has anyone else seen similar results?

My system phos level is 0.01. I run EcoBak and GFO currently to keep it there as I feed heavily.

2. Click Here!

3. jtr38230

jtr38230 Skunk Shrimp

Been using red sea pro coral since last year with no problems.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

4. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

I'm starting to wonder if I've got the same type of batch you do right now...

I've been fighting some HA for 6 weeks now; I have no idea what's causing it. Guess I'll be testing my "fresh" saltwater this coming weekend...

This is my third bucket of it, no problems with the first two.

5. FaceOfDeceit

Yeah, I just got the Hanna meter and was just testing it out on that...lucky I tested!

EDIT: I just finished this bucket. I'll go check for a batch #.

6. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

Wow....I don't use Red Sea but I think this is a valuable lesson. You can't take a new batch of water for granted. Guess I'll start testing each batch I make.

7. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

I'll jot down my batch number this evening and report as well, provided I don't forget. :p

8. Click Here!

9. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Interesting, because I just got a batch of this stuff delivered and am making the new water as we speak... Guess I should go test now?

10. FaceOfDeceit

The Batch Number spot on my bucket is blank. It has the White Bar with nothing printed on it. Way to go Red Sea. Glad to see you guys go the extra mile.

On a side note, I believe I'll be switching back to Reef Crystals and dosing...seeing how I have the doser and all necessary materials to do so.

11. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

I just checked the PO4 on my batch, and it read "0" on a salifert kit.
    Batch # 1807110024

12. FaceOfDeceit

That's good that you have a batch #. Honestly, I would not trust a Salifert Phos kit. Not nearly as accurate as others, and not close to the Hanna PO4 checker. I'm not saying yours has PO4. Mine did...and the lack of a batch number is suspect as well.