red sea 1800 vs reef bullet 2

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by macbro, Jun 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. macbro

macbro Plankton

i have a 125 gals mix tank ,with a reef bullet 2 but my mag 18 stop working and i am able to change the skimmer by the new one red sea 1800..the pump in the last one consumes 40w and for the reef bullet 2 145 watts..any suggestions
    my other option to buy a iwaki 100 to run the reef bullet 2 and the chiller that right now i am pulling with a pan world 100 please help me

2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I personally would not want to run the mag pump on a pm skimmer. they requre pressure and work under that all which a mag does not deliever. I ran a bullet 1 with a mag 18 and it did well. I have had a bullet 1,2 and now have an xl1 from them. I run a model 55 from iwaki. This skimmer cranks. I have 3 display tanks in our house and 1 qt tank all with skimmers on them we have a euroreef on my sons 92 corner and its good a pm redline 125 on the red sea max, The xl1 on my 220 and then a asm on the 40g breeder qt tank. I have been very happy with the performance of the pm but more impressed with quality of the product.