Red montipora capricornus

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by paintball7, Mar 31, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. paintball7

paintball7 Feather Duster

Hey everyone i just picked up a frag of a red montipora capricornus ......i was planning on placing so it would grow of the side of a rock high up in my tank. To me that would look really cool haing it grown on a ledge, but i was wonder how i could get it do that? like glueing it to a main rock in the tank or just placing where i wanted it to attach ......... any suggestions?

picture links of the new frag.............

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh76/burton7dh/?action=view&current=RMCFRAG1.jpg

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh76/burton7dh/?action=view&current=RMCFRAG2.jpg

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh76/burton7dh/?action=view&current=RMCFRAG3.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Yup, that should do it :) Congrats on the new addition!

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Either way will work. Congrats on your new addition.

5. paintball7

Thanks!!!! and i can finally add pictures to HURRAY!

pictures are the best............

6. paintball7

HEy everyone just thought i would ask since people are checking out this thread

anyone one know if when fragging mushrooms and xenia ( spelling) if they are sticking to the rubble rock could i glue them to a piece of rubble rock. People have said no to this in other threads i saw. people say they are too slimmy, but i was thinking of trying on a mushroom and seeing how it works.......is this good or bad idea?

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Mushrooms are a pain in the butt to get off in the first place... Good Luck....

8. Click Here!

9. paintball7

i actually had no problem with cutting them off its just getting them to stick to the rock

10. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Better luck than me.. I had purple hairy mushrooms and ended up trading in the rock with them on it...

11. ollie51

ollie51 Feather Duster

i have a large rock 12x6 maybe, covered in hairy mushrooms i was thinking about trying to get some off but never messed with shrooms, was going to try a chisel and chip them off but it sounds like i might have fun trying ,baugherb did you try getting them off or just gave up ?the rocks mine are on are large and i would like to keep them but have way to many mushrooms

12. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

cut them at their base or slice them in half ;)