Recovering Favia

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Reefenstein, Aug 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reefenstein

Reefenstein Astrea Snail

Hello,

I picked this guy up for $30 at a LFS. They said it was re-encrusting the skeleton and should be fine. I want to know if there is anything else I can do to help it out. I put it in the DT yesterday, this morning it is open a little and I am about to hit it with some Coral Frenzy/Cyclops Eze. I only have 4xT5 on the 110 right now but I also put a 30" 65w PC 50/50 over it to give it a little extra love.

Am I doing good/bad?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

How far away from the lights did you put it? It looks like it's doing good so far; as long as it doesn't get any worse I would just keep up what you are doing. Feeding it meaty foods regularly will definately help. If it does get worse, though, just put it lower in the aquarium, in a lower-flow zone.

4. Reefenstein

Reefenstein Astrea Snail

It is in nice alternating flow about 11 inches away from the 50/50 PC and 13 or 14 inches away from the T-5s (2 10K & 2 420/460). I will keep an eye out for any white indicating receeding tissue. Anything else I should keep an eye out for? This is the first time I have bought a less than perfect coral. I have a good track record with everything else but they all came in healthy.

Thanks