Resolved Recieved wrong order from vendor-what to do with fish

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Larz_1, Jan 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Getting closer!! I'm sending good luck vibes your way - to you and the livestock. Make sure to post what you find. :-/

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I was hoping that foot of snow would have hit us here in Wisconsin and the upper midwest. Do you even have plows down there?

4. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Wow, sorry to hear of all your troubles. Memphis is a main hub for FedEx as well which could be why they went to TN before TX, depending on what other packages were routed with yours. You would think they would fly into DFW instead of Memphis though. That really sucks man.

Weather is pretty bad here (Nashville area) - large snowstorm yesterday and ice storm in my area last night. I could not open my car doors today because it had a solid coating of about 2 inches of ice. I had to literally carefully chip out my door to open and start the car. Let it warm for 30 minutes and continued to chip it out so I could see out the windows, it was pretty bad. Then I couldn't drive until later in the day because I couldn't get any traction to pull out. It really sucks here right now.

5. Larz_1

Larz_1 Bristle Worm

Well CRAP!

Looks like FedEx doesn't care about overnight packages marked "Live Fish"

The package arrived in Lubbock at 3:45pm ... if they would have processed it and sent it on to Amarillo, it should have had no problem being here by 7:00pm or so. Then, maybe I could have saved something!!!

Now, the package will sit there until they decide to move it along, most likely I will recieve a box full of dead fish & corals on Monday ....

That SUX!!!! :angry::cry:

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

All FEDEX air shipments go through Memphis, regardless of where they started at or are destined. LA to Seattle goes through Memphis.

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Oh no that's HORRIBLE!! Oh, those poor fish. So traumatic. I am so sorry about this.

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Sorry to hear. If it doesn't say Saturday delivery it won't go. They got that weather delay crap on their site to cover their fat cat backsides. Sorry to hear about situation.

10. jerryswafford

jerryswafford Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

wow what a crazy senario i wouldnt know what to do if that happened to me.....

11. Larz_1

Larz_1 Bristle Worm

FedEx FINALLY delivered yesterday (Monday) around 4:30pm - 3 1/2 days late! :angry:
    As expected, everything was dead - :cry:

I emailed pictures to Shaun @ Vivid and he said he would call later today.

What will happen next?
    Stay tuned for the next installment of this continuing saga.

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

awww man that sucks! sooooo sorry to hear! i am waiting on my fedex delivery on my new fish from BZA and im so glad i dont have to worry about air transporation and weather delays with my fish, its just a quick drive for my little guy.

Again soooo sorry :( i would die if that happened to me