Urgent Really need help please!!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Aquarium_Junky, Feb 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aquarium_Junky

Aquarium_Junky Plankton

(Here is your chapter 2 lol)

A while ago we did manage to find some peanut worms in our tank. Well over the last several months we have been watching this "sack" grow on the back of one of our rocks. Once in a while when we do look around (at night with a flash light) we will seem some sort of worm coming out. (attachment Unknown 7 (Copy)

We thought maybe they were still the peanut worms, but we aren't so sure anymore. I was curious if anyone knows what this might be. Also, I noticed the other day (we were rearranging some things) that on another rock there was a "colony" i guess you could say of a strange looking thing. (Attachment Unknown 2). I thought maybe they were another cluster of peanut worms, but to be honest with you, I don't have a clue what either one of them are.

Another thing that I have noticed in the tank is some strange looking "almost clear" looking stuff, well almost "Slimy" looking to be honestly with you growing on some of the rock. (Attachment Unknown 8). I thought maybe they were some sort of mushrooms. I know that there is a type of coral that is crystal clear, but I seriously doubt that's what these are, but I was really hoping that someone might know what these things are. And tell me if they are good or if they are bad. Should I remove them, should I leave them and see what they do? Please someone, i'm desperatly in need of help. The last thing I want is this stuff (if it's bad) to ruin my tank. Please, for the sake of my beautiful tank help! LOL

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. doylef4i

doylef4i Bubble Tip Anemone

First 2 are some type of sponge and the last 1 is some type of feather duster worms.Both filter feeders and great for your tank.

4. Aquarium_Junky

Aquarium_Junky Plankton

Are you positive on that's what they are? Because like I said, the first picture, the one that looks like it has a hole in it, started out as some sort of worm. We thought they were peanut worms, but honestly we aren't so sure anymore. As far as the sponge things, do you know what type they are? Cause honestly, I'd really like to get an actual name to the things so I can put them in my book. (Yes I keep a record of EVERYTHING that goes into my saltwater tank lol)

5. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I agree. two sponges and feather duster worms. The names I don't know. The first pictures look just like my purple sponge.

6. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

7. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Those pics look like they coulda been taken in my tank. I think your ok, i have had things that looked like that off and on with no issues.

8. Click Here!

9. Aquarium_Junky

Aquarium_Junky Plankton

This is what it looks like from a total view. Like I said, it was odd, because on this rock there started some out to have worms on it, and every once in a while (at night with a flash light) you can see worms coming out of it. I don't think it's a type of sponge, if it is, then it's something the worms have made.

I have posted a better picture of it, and the "Tentacles" that grow out around it. But as far as the one, i think you might be right. It might be some sort of purple sponge (I have never seen a worm come out of it).

Oh and as far as the feather dusters, the little red feather dusters were there first and all of a sudden this slimy stuff started growing on rocks. It's even on rocks that don't have these tiny red feather dusters lol.

Attached Files:

10. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Sponges and mini dusters. Nothing to worry about.

11. Aquarium_Junky

Aquarium_Junky Plankton

I know what the mini feather dusters are, what I worry about is the slimy clear looking junk around it. Let me see if I can get a clearer picture. Cause honestly, I don't know what it is, but something about these slimy clear looking things bugs me.

I have attached a better picture, atleast I hope I have, lol. This is the slimy clear looking stuff I was talking about. They might be sponges, but I don't know. They just seemed to appear out of no where and they are EVERY where on the rocks atleast. lol

As far as the one picture being the purple sponge, I think your 100% right on that. But I am still clue less on the brownish looking stuff on the one rock. lol

And thank you for helping me so much. I just want to be able to get what i can out of my tank. Ok that sounded odd, what i meant is, I want to be able to get the best view of my tank, lol

Attached Files:

12. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

It's sponge. They take on all kinds of appearances, but it is just sponge.