Really bad deal

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by coldshot, Apr 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Lol... what else is labeled at your house?

2. Click Here!

3. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Not one thing else, lol. This thread just made me MAD! I would hate to think that I spend all this time and money for some ****** to come in and mess it up in seconds :(

Label maker at work, not at home, LMAO!!!

4. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

wow poor worm, teens do stuff just because they think its funny at the time, hopefully if there parents are smart they will learn not to kill other peoples pets. im sure they wouldnt be happy if you went to there house and ripped of there dogs head, right. im pretty mad with the rest of you guys.

5. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I found the guilty party he said he was just going to move it up higher so he could see it better? It was fine where it was. He is still using his crown and feeding. I dumped a bunch of kents phyto in and hope he makes it. I usually sport cook outs in the park below Spavinaw dam...Theres always on weekends a group playing rock or country or bluegrass. So I will just quit havin em here...that would be best...How long does it take for him to rebuild his tube? Wish there was more I could do....thnx all its just one bad deal after another since setting up this tank...*peace*

6. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

This is always a concern of mine when I have big parties (my last party a year ago was 70+ people). I've been lucky that nothing has happened but for the most part the people I associate with are respectful of other people's property.

That's just rude, anyways. That teen needs a lesson in manners. Who just sticks their hands in someone's aquarium?? It boggles the mind but that's what it is with kids these days. The whole "entitlement" complex.

7. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I would be extremely pissed. I usually let people know as soon as they enter my fish room that it is strictly hands off.

Even when my nieces bring someone over to the tank, they have been told so much that they inform them before me.

As to retribution..... A good talkin to should be enough. If it does perish, I would make them cry though.

Good luck

8. Click Here!

9. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Don't make a knee-jerk decision like that about this. You don't want to completely stop having friends over now just because you have a fish tank and one thing happened. If it was a common occurrence every time you had people over and they weren't respecting your property after being asked to keep out, then yes I could see that. Just let this be a lesson that from now on you just show people the tank and kindly ask them to look, don't touch. Tell them everything has it's home, point out something and tell them it cost $200 (even if it didn't), and that moving anything will absolutely kill it (not necessarily true, of course, but should be enough to scare them).

10. tronb24

tronb24 Coral Banded Shrimp

Man that really sucks.

I have one of those glass fittings that they sell at Petsmart specifically for when nieces and nephews come over. The only way to get the that lid open is for them remove the lighting fixture which they are too small to do... Yet. I got this the very same day my nephew thought it would funny to dump is Capri Sun into my tank. He was stopped before he got a drop in. This doesn't really help with teenagers or adults, but the amount of effort it takes to get into the tank hopefully detours most people.

11. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

It is really not a jerk deal to change places since I live in an apartment and have no yard just a sidewalk and a flower garden..the park at the dam rocks...it has a very pretty cliff side across the creek and the cliff is full of tree's and a few bald eagles that never leave for the summer like the rest..tthere are caves in the cliff side my people the Cherokee's once lived in The lake covers what used to br Spavinaw valley where my family lived in the 1800's. it has a lot of history and is a beautiful place for a cook out. And there is always some live music...so it isnt really a jerky idea....but a GREAT one...If you have ever been there you would know what I mean...as far as the kid he got a lesson out of it...I dont mind em lookin at the tank and it was the first time anything ever happened so its all good and I can see a small peice of tube already so I think my lil worm is gonna do just fine...*peace*....I am also part Chokoken Apache and have strong family history out west...okay I have rambled enuff...lets drop this thread and move on to the next..thnx all...your a bunch of good people....dont add more to the thread I wanna forget what happened and move on I forgave the kid he feels bad so its over.......

12. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

I think you misunderstood what I said. I wasn't calling it a JERK decision. I think you thought I was saying you're a jerk for doing that? That's not what I said at all. I said don't make a "knee-jerk" decision. Meaning a snap decision. I meant don't make your choice so fast.

But that's cool, it obviously doesn't matter to me, I just didn't want you to alienate your friends because of it. That's all I was saying. No big deal.