Really bad deal

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by coldshot, Apr 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I had alot of people over today and had a good bar-b-que BUT one of the kids was messing in my tank and I guess tried to pick up my Feather Duster. His foot has been tucked under a rock and stuck to the underside of the rock and he was taken out of his tube. It was on the top of the rock when I found what was done! He has his crown sticking out from under the rock and pulls it in to clean it off. All I have in the tank right now is a bunch of snails and a pencil Urchin. Will he build another tube or what is going to happen to him. The parents are talking to the teens about it but DAMAGE is done. What about my Duster is he going to be alright?

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Wow, teens?

But yes, feather dusters can grow new tubes. Leave it be, it should find a spot it likes, then settle in and regenerate it.

4. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

WOW, I was thinking of a seven year old when I first started reading this. They better get punished. BIG TIME. That is BS, and really kinda ticks me off!! They should have to mow your lawn all summer or something...

I guess this should be a reminder to all that you need to lock your tank down(myself included)!!!

5. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Yup, lock your tank down.. or move out of mom and dad's house so no one can mess with your tank.

6. coldshot

It really bothers me...These arent just worms or animals. These are lives that I chose to have and be responsible for and see they have what it takes to thrive and have a comfortable life. I wouldnt ask for punishment just hope they learn something from it....As for me I am severely P.O.d....And my Duster is Homeless....

1 person likes this.
  7. coldshot

I am 49 years old I moved out of Mom and Dads when I was 17 and working on the drilling Rigs in texas....

8. Click Here!

9. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I have had 2 dusters that ended up out of their tubes. Neither made it.

10. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Was it a coco worm?

11. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Oh, sorry about that, I'm guessing it was your friends' children then? The #1 thing that I tell everyone "new" to the house is not to tap on the aquarium glass, and absolutely no hands in the tank. The last resort is to lock the room, or just keep the kids out in the back yard.

12. trelane

trelane Peppermint Shrimp

Get something less fun to grab and put it in the tank. An anemone? Some of the more toxic corals? A mantis? These tanks should be self-defending!