ready to give up

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by botie, Mar 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. botie

botie Feather Duster

i dont know what is goin on guys buti came home today and my lights were on and my blue mushroom is dead all my plants keep dyin these r my parm

ph 8.3
    nitrate 0ppm
    nitrite 0ppm
    amm 0ppm
    mag 1140
    phosates almost 0
    cal 340
    kh 9
    salt 1.025
    lights are on for 8 hours they r compac 4X65watts

im adding bionic cal boost and bionic alk boost and bionic mag boost am i doin something wrong please help:cry:

2. Click Here!

3. Executivelevel

Executivelevel Peppermint Shrimp

lighting not enough maybe? are they high up or on the bottom?

4. botie

botie Feather Duster

they r about 4 inchs off the water
    do you think i should get rid of the legs and get it closer to the water

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

AS you must know by now, you need to raise your Cal, Mag and Dkh. The only way that you'll be able to raise your dkh and cal, is by raising your Mag. How deep is your tank?

6. botie

botie Feather Duster

i wish the god dam lfs told me that they said all i need to worry about is my kh and cal i even asked them about the mag they said dont worry about that but you guys on here said to raise my mag so i whent and got the test kit and the chem to raise it 3 days ago i have been puttin the cal and kh raiser in for like a month know

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Dont waste your time with cal and dkh now, concentrate on Mag first, without it, your just chasing your tail. How deep is your tank?

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

CA, ALK, and MG will not Kill coral. Unless it swings rapidly to one direction. When you say all your plants die. What "Plants" are you talking about?

J

10. botie

botie Feather Duster

tank is 21 inchs deep

my yellow button polyps are gone blue mushroom looks like it melted and i had gotten some type of xenia thats melted down to nothin and a pulsating xenia melted

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Besides your present problem with your parameters, 21" deep tank alot for PC's. Try putting whatever you have left close to the top.

12. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

are these mushrooms looking like "jelly" or nasty looking ? if not there not dead'
    and 2, put them down on the bottom' on the sand'
    and depending how long you had them in the tank some times they just have a hard time getting used to your tank is all .
    that calcium is abit low' but not that bad.
    have you added SR=stronium to your tank at all ? SR is very important to corals.
    also ? is the tank temp decent ? not in front of a window or nothing to over heat it.
    and the bulbs ? how old are they ? are they all "blue actinic" or half day light /blue actinic .

mushrooms can handle quite abit of light' hell i got 3X400 watt metal halides on mine and their "splitting" and making more of them selves

but if you have a fairly big bio load on the tank you need to raise that calcium big time'.
    try keeping it atlest 400 to 450
    ive even had mushrooms surrvive in terrible nitrate explosions and do quite well .
    and raise that ALK ,

If i had to take my best guess at it' i'd say you need more phto period and more intence lighting , maybe one nice 175 metal halide or some VHO 's

And dont give up' ive got some nice neon green mushies i'll send ya or somthing' and my Xenia is starting to crawl all over ' hell i got them at the very top with a 400 watt hitting that for like 12 hours a day

giving up will only leave you frustrated and longing to suceed at it' ( i should know ) i did for a year one time' , killed me even to come home some times' and look at the tank with nothing to enjoy or explore .

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008