Ready, set, my first frag!!!

Discussion in 'Frags' started by JBL, Jun 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

Whoo hoo! Today I fragged for the first time ever! Thanks to all here and some nice video's on youtube, all went well! I fragged my Toadsttol Leather and my Green Star Polyps. I tell you, I was nervous as heck as I didn't want to kill them if I did it wrong.
    But, I got 10 frags out of the Leather, and 5 out of the polyps. Could have gotten more, but didn't want to push it.
    I will have pics posted tomorrow as the light is off, and my camera is at my brothers house. Sorry Luna, but pics will def be posted!
    Again, thanks to all here and can't wait to see them grow!!

2. Click Here!

3. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

NICE!

sounds like my first time fragging i was like !!!! ha ha

4. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

5. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

Hey, congratulations to you friend. Please keep us posted as your new babies grow !!

Advice on green star’s – just place a small “something” for it to grow on next to the colony, it will be on it within 2 weeks, just pry it away. I use to use empty snail shells…real easy, and fun to share with friends.

As for the toadstool….well, you can’t go wrong there either – I am sure you will have complete success. But you know, often people ask “how long until attached” questions – so take some pics and some time related notes and share it as you go. Good luck and keep the frags coming !!

6. siidman

siidman Bristle Worm

Congratulations man.

7. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

Well, here are the pics! Had to use my camera phone, but at least its something!

8 frags of the Leather:
    [​IMG]

a Ninth one:
    [​IMG]

Star Polyps already opening:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 155 tank:
    [​IMG]

and my 24 Nano:
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

good job.. I just did my first one to.. cut two small blue mushrooms into 4 pieces.. I didnt use the rock with rubberband trick.. I did the empty tupperware with screen and gravel trick. I'll hope it works out for both of us!