Re: tank setup is it right check pic

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by karloz, Apr 4, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Have you ever been walking down the beach and seen a patch of foam bubbles? It looks like the bubbles are all dirty.Well this is what a skimmer does for your tank its a way to filter all the dissolved particles in your water that a mechcanical filter can get out .It makes your water crystal clear and oxygenates it too.
    You should definately look in to getting one

2. Click Here!

3. karloz

karloz Plankton

HI KNOW YES I JNOW ABOUT THE SKIMMER HOW MUCH ARE THEY AND ALSO WHATS THE RIGHT TEMP THE WATER SHOULD BE AT ALSO THE CHILLER CUSTOMSEALIFE CHILLER I BOUGHT IT FROM THE DIVER I KNOW BUT THE CCOMPANY THAT DOES THE CHILLER CLOSED DOWN I BOUGHT THE CHILLER BRAND NEW IN HIS BOX WITH THE MONITOR GUAGE ARE THEY NOISY AND HOW MUCH NOISE DO THEY MAKE ? ALSO CAN I START WITHOUT A SKIMMER FOR THE MEANTIME TILL I GET MORE $$ LOL

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=karloz link=board=lighting;num=1081131286;start=0#10 date=04/05/04 at 09:32:12]HI GUYS TANKS FOR ALL UR FEED BACKS THE TO BALLASTS FROM THE HI METEL LIGHTS ARE IN WOOD STAND OF T HERE ON THERE A FOOT OF THE FLOOR ALSO I LIVE IN MIAMI FLORIDA TO J.MACKENZIE SORRY BUDDY MY HOURS OF LIGHT WILL VARY U SAY ?DUE TO THE INITAL CYCLE AND THEN THE FINAL CYCLE WHAT ARE INITAL START UP HOURS OF LIGHT ?SKIMMER I DONT HAVE ONE YET WILL I REALLY NEED ON AND EHAT ARE THEY FOR HELP!!!!!!!![/quote]

Your ballast looks like they are mounted to the floor.
    Your sump is next to them which is the big fire hasard.
    Water from the sump can easily over flow and if any gets on those ballasts then your house is in flames.

Tank temp should be 78 to 80 degrees.