RBTA - Which Tank?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Marshall O, May 4, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Which tank to put my RBTA and Clowns?

1. Thriving 125 mixed reef

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. New 50 rimless cube that will be SPS tank

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

OFK - The RBTA has the potential to sting corals in either tank if it wanders. The difference is right now my 125 has about 60? corals in it. There is no doubt it will take a day or two or ten for the RBTA to find a spot it likes. In the meantime, it could obviously do a number on existing corals. As far as which would win (SPS vs. RBTA), AFAIK RBTA all the way.

Thanks again :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I voted the 50 marshall. You have way to many nice corals and fish that would be put at risk in the 125. At least you can "build" around the nem in the 50. I know it can move in any tank but you have a lot more unoccupied real estate in the 50. It's always a gamble with a nem but IMO, it's to much of a risk in your awesome reef sir.

1 person likes this.
  4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

Thanks Dennis, I appreciate your thoughts. That is my main concern right now; risk of existing livestock.

5. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Agreed. In fact, I've never heard of any coral killing a nem; it's always been the other way around when the two meet.