Urgent RBT Anemone won't open

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Sunbrnt, May 4, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Sunbrnt

Sunbrnt Plankton

Hey all - my rose bubble tip anemone has not been too happy for a bit. When we got him, around 2-14-12 he was alright and had a maroon clown host. After a few days he closed up and was quickly on the move. He got comfortable in the back of the tank and stayed closed. We have never physically been able to feed him but the clown still approaches him often though doesn't rub in it anymore. This is what he looks like today (he climbed on the smaller rock last nite so we just pulled him out front). Water levels are all good as checked today. Generic off the shelf purchased lighting for a Biocube. We added a refugium three weeks ago as well that is working nice.

I just want to know if anyone had any advice to keep holding on or anything I could try to get him to open back up. He has been for the most part like this since a few days after the purchase. Fish wise there is just a maroon clown, various chromis, 6 line and two yellow wrasses. Any suggestions?

Thanks all ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336167906.249463.jpg

2. Click Here!

3. Sunbrnt

Sunbrnt Plankton

Also this is one of my three salt water aquariums and has been set up since last June.

4. dimpthepimp

dimpthepimp Bristle Worm

mine closes up from time to time..not that tight doesn't look good mine likes it between a crack between to rocks.

5. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Too many question marks... we need specifics. It's definitely not happy and won't survive very long in that state.

What are your exact parameters, including specific gravity, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate. We also need to know exactly what type of lighting and flow you have. Those are vitally important to a nem's health.