rare blue tang!!!

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by nemo1991, Apr 20, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

so i bought some stuff off of this guy in sac, and he had 240 gallon show tank, and in there was a reverse blue tang! i have never heard of one!, it had blue where the black was supposed to go and black where the blue was supposed to go!!!! has any one ever heard of this b4?

2. Click Here!

3. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

lol ive "never" heard one called a "reverse" blue tang ?
    you have the fish ? get a pic ,,,

4. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

no i didnt unfortuantly :( maybe i could get the person to send me a pic, he said its a deformity ( a cool one!) and its probably 1/100,000 and then i was like i want one! and he said i will probably never find one : /

5. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

probly not i seen a "yellow" tang that was half black like one time , "i suppose these fish are "morph's.
    you know but would love to have ones like that , if it were able to spawn in tank with another , that would be cool.

6. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

it woudl be awsome i would pay 3 or 4 times what a regular tang goes for, for a reverse one! ahhaha

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I would like to see one myself. I did see on sat. a stripeless nemo. He was all orange with a blk line around his fins, no white stripes. He wasnt for sale, wonder why???

8. Click Here!

9. glassbox-design

glassbox-design Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

They're being called naked clowns (get it ;D ) captive bred i believe.

I'd love to see a picture of the tang, a few "aberrant's" have been popping up lately but mostly Zebrasomas.

10. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

yee i will definatly e-mail him and see if he has a pic of him,

11. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Well, to answer your question about having a "mutant" fish breed, the likelihood of passion on the mutation is 0. Mutations are not passed on unless its a sexual gene, which i'm pretty sure color mutations arent. Sorry :( the odds of two perfectly yellow tangs breeding a half-black half-yellow tang is the same as a couple of mutants (Unless you could arange a black tang yellow tang breeding session).

12. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Naked clowns have had the stripes bred out of them through generations and generations of clowns being selected for small stripes >< Some guy with a god complex :p They are cool though.