Rapidled kit finally here!! let's get this done!!

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by turbokimmees, Feb 17, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. turbokimmees

turbokimmees Astrea Snail

I have the same idea!! I might run to lowes or home depot later..:) need some wiring to finish up the connection.....so close!!! Yet so far!!! :) is your tank 32"long??

2. Click Here!

3. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

48" long, regular 90 gallon.

I feel you, its so close! There is always some interruption: kid, wife, both at the same time.. Thats why I didnt start the build till everyone went to bed and pulled an all nighter :)

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Shin, don't give away your secrets! EcoTech make people pay $95 for that setup!

5. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Seriously, Alex?? The hanging DIY costs like less than $10 from HomeDepot!

6. turbokimmees

I think.there was hardware that you can buy just so you can adjust the lenghtof the cable! :)

7. turbokimmees

OK...I have been away for a while... too many things going on here just before spring! Kids B-day party!! friends kids B-day party!! My hockey team playoff game!! crazy stuff.. ;D Any how...

I got it done! kind of quick cheap diy half-ass dimming setup! :p Found a small plastic box and decided to use that box and save me $6. All the driver are tested and tune to run about 0.97ma at the max. Also found a small ac adapter that put up 7.5-8.5V (sorry can't remember the amp) That will run 3 of my potentiometer. I also use some left over plexiglass that I have laying around and cut it to fit in the middle then I use the zip tie to lock it in place! Here are some finish up pic.Every thing went with out any problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. turbokimmees

So...after 5 days I decided to change my heat sink direction! it seem like I don't get enough light in the middle and a little on the side of the tank! I have 36" Long and 18" deep. Today I took it apart and will remount it difference way!

BTW: All my softy love the LED they are opening well and the color seem to be much brighter! .... Hm... or is it just my eyes not adjust to the new light yet?? LOL

All and all...every thing went well and all the softy love it! Tomorrow Saturday... Will try to get some SPS and see how it do. =)

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

nice work! congrats.

11. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

Clean and organized....great work! Looking forward to the new configuration.

12. turbokimmees

Hi guys! Got it all fixed! =) turn things around and it work out much much better!! =) Better wire organize !! Take a look! :)

[​IMG]

I did a long way stage and side by side since I have 36" x 18" tank and one of the corner is the over flown so it don't need any light. I use 3 aluminum rod instead of two because I can't put long screw in side the heat sink fin. I can also use a biggere fan in the middle of the fixture so...one fan can cool down the whole heat sink. I also reorganize my wire and put in a plug.

[​IMG]

There is the male plug for all 4 drivers.

[​IMG]

That's the plug from Radio Shake.

[​IMG]

Same 4 drivers sit on the plexiglass with the female plug.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is inside of my cabinet under the main tank. =) all 4 drivers will be screw in to the wall under the Apex Aqua Controller. (Lite..... I should have bought the full version one!!) I know I should have spend that extra $$ LOL. Any how...3 of my drivers are dimmable one so... it will be controll by this Apex soon =)

let me know what you think! =) Hm...been so busy... I have to skip my water change last week.::)