Rapid LED or Aquastyle LED??

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by turbokimmees, Feb 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

True, why do you think its still a GF? lol!;) I like 100% of my stuff and wanna keep it!

2. Click Here!

3. tharsis

tharsis Peppermint Shrimp

You are wiser than I apparently LOL

I keep trying to convince my wife to take up expensive hobbys so that I don't feel as guilty..

4. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

The wife bought a unicorn tang the other day (4" now) and I made it clear it needed a bigger tank, so basically I'm allowed to get any tank I want lol.

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

6. tharsis

tharsis Peppermint Shrimp

The only reason I got into saltwater tanks was because my wife gave me the ok. She thought our kids would like a nemo to look at. Little did she know the cost involved...but I jumped at the opportunity and haven't looked back.

7. turbokimmees

turbokimmees Astrea Snail

LOL...my is the same as Tharsis. Always wanted a saltwater aquarium! started with a small 20G tank simple setup...then move to Nano tank and now 65G full setup with aqua controller LOL.. It's getting more and more expensive! I have to sell some of my Remote control toy cars and Helicopter to funds my saltwater tank. ;-P It's just the excuse to buy more stuff just so I don't get yell at spending that $$ .... " I sold my toys to buy stuff for the fish!! and coral!! " Works almost every time hehehe

8. Click Here!

9. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Get the Cree's, the quality is NOT similar

10. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

Ok this might confuse you, here is what I used for my LED build:
    -Cool white (Cree XP) x 12
    -Royal Blue (Cree XP) x 12
    -Neutral White (Cree XP) x 12
    -Blue (Cree XP) x 6
    -420nm UV x 6
    -398nm UV x 8
    -Turquoise x 4
    On 5.9x16" heatsink x2

Its been only 2 months since the upgrade, yet Ive already started to see the positive effect from UVs (ripened colors). Do you know why they ripen from UV? Just like human skin, the corals' protective mechanism to cover themselves with darker pigment from harmful UV rays.

11. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

Modularled.ca imo

12. Forest Reefs

Forest Reefs Plankton

Both are good, I went with rapid because their customer service and shipping are amazing, and everything costed less, then if I went the aquastyle route, in the long run because aquastyle's shipping is pretty expensive, I think with rapid if you go over like $250 its free shipping depending on where you live.
    Hope this helps.