rapid led color combo and driver questions

Discussion in 'RapidLED' started by PepperDeath, Aug 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PepperDeath

PepperDeath Feather Duster

ok.. i am about to get a rapid led kit soon,ive seen one set up with this color combo.. 10 royal blues 4 blues 6 cool whites and 4 neutral whites..how does that sound or is there any other colors i should throw in there? also i will get a reef controller like apex, but not for a while since im getting the lights soon..so all i will need to buy from rapid is the ddc-01 controller for now? and when you select the driver type when ordering you select the P (PWM) and not D (1-10v analog)? sorry just trying to get it all figured out ..thanks!!!!

Solderless Biocube 29 Dimmable Retrofit Kit - Rapid LED

DDC-01 PWM Controller - Rapid LED

2. Click Here!

3. PepperDeath

PepperDeath Feather Duster

so what about this?
    7 royal blue
    3 blue
    9 cool white
    2 green
    2 violet
    1 red

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Moved this to the RapidLED board. Mike can help you out as well.

matt

5. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

Either ratio will work, it depends on what color temperature you like in part as well as how much of a "full spectrum" you want. I have a BC29 and this is what I'm running (keep in mind I only have 20 LEDs total because that's what our kits used to come with, and my tank is by no means nearly as nice as many I've seen on this forum so take what I'm using with a grain of salt): 7 cool white, 8 royal blue, 4 UV, 1 green. Previously I had 2 reds but they were WAY too strong, so if you do use red keep it at a max of 1.

Also, if you're using I'd personally say go with at least 4. Reason being the UV's seem to appear dimmer than the other colors so if you don't use enough then they'll mostly get washed out by the LEDs.