Rant! .... (UPDATE! + New fish?)

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by NYGiants, Apr 25, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NYGiants

NYGiants Coral Banded Shrimp

Ughhhhh just need to rant for a moment...

So I come home from work, excited because my new shipment of T5 bulbs got delivered... and first thing I notice is that my Mcosckers Wrasse I bought from Divers Den a little over a week ago is MISSING!...

He was always out.. not afriad of anyone or anything and no one bothered him but now he's just missing!... My gut has a bad feeling about this...

And to top things off... all 4 of my T5 bulbs came SHATTERED... Bought the bulbs from Bulk Reef Supply...UGHHHHHHHHHH!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. NYGiants

NYGiants Coral Banded Shrimp

Oh and I checked the overflow and sump and behind the tank... hes MIA!

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Sorry to hear you're not having a good day.

I'm not familiar with the Mccoskers, but some species of Wrasse hide in the sand and others under/in a rock. My Red Coris would go missing for days, even long after getting accustomed to the activity around the tank.

As for the bulbs, that really sucks. That's why I prefer to order mine from Marine Depot- they package them so they can't get broken.

5. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

You don't have a dog or cat that could have made a meal out of a flopping fish on the floor do you?

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

so sorry to hear about your troubles. Mr. Bill's input suggests that there's hope on the wrasse. I wish you luck on getting the bulbs sent back and a new nonbroken set arrives soon after. What a pain to deal with :(

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I've had pretty good luck with T5s arriving alive but from what I've read a lot of people get broken bulbs. I'm sure they'll take care of ya. BRS is great.

8. Click Here!

9. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I ordered mine from my LFS, Amazon.com, and i think they could have fallen off the truck and down some stairs and not broken. Plus they were cheaper than anywhere else i could find.

10. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Reefgeek is great for bulbs. No extra bulb fees.

11. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

12. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Hang in there. The bulbs can be replaced and your wrasse will turn up. Here's how I think it will go down......Your new bulbs arrive all unbroken and after you install them and turn them on, BAM! Your wrasse comes shooting out of a rock with looks saying "bought time you replaced these darn bulbs!" Lol