Random Ich Readings

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by techno2, May 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

So,
    I had some bad ich awhile back. Symtoms were from Ich spots to death with 1-2 days. Some of you may recall I battled this for awhile, then ended up switching tanks to try and run from it.

Well, knock on wood, it has been 2 months and I have not seen any signs in the new tank.

So i noticed many of the ich threads here and started to wonder why my fish were duying from Ich so fast when many of you battled for a longer period of time.

Interestingly enough, I stumbled onto this article. My guess is this is what I was dealing with. Sounds nasty.

New Marine Ich! Wipes Fish Out in 24 - 48 Hours - Traditional Treatment Resistant Strain Shows Up

Anyway, just thought I would share...

Cheers

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I posted that several times in the last yr or so. Most people confuse all white specks with Ich It in its self is pretty harmless the cures do more harm then the ich. Like Amyloodinium ocellatum is often considered to be Ich or Cryptocaryon irritans totally different the Amyloodinium goes by several name white spot and coral reef marine velvet but once you see it on the fish its about to late its started long before it was seen but it was on the inside and tearing the gills up thats why I ask people with ich if their fish just swims up and down in a corner or staying in front of a flow of water . This new ich is not truly a crypto either its a mutant of sorts that has changed up the way it attacks . Nothing new here though Pest are always evolving up the chain from something less. Its the natural process of the way things work evolve up or die out ..

4. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Well what I experienced was Visible white dots, swimming pattern that is an up and down in a corner, then dead within 48 hours treatment or no.

After cleaning, treating, ect, wait a month, go buy new fish, 46 hours white spots, swimming up / down, then dead.

Not sure what it was but it was deadly and very quick.

I'm glad to say the new tank I have not seen it.