Radion xr30w pro JBJ 28

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by turbocooper, Dec 25, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. turbocooper

turbocooper Plankton

Hello all! Just received a very unexpected surprise of a Radion xr30w pro for my JBJ 28. I have a few questions as I have seen few forums on this particular light and tank set up. Questions are: To retro the light into the hood or not? If not hanging or ecotech mount, or suggestions ;) Also which way should I mount it (back to front or left to right?) Thanks for the help and happy holidays!

2. Click Here!

3. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

If your dimensions are 18" Wide X 22" Deep (front to back) X 22" High ........... IMO I don't think it would matter which way to mount it. Mine is 24" Deep and I have three of them going side to side and love how bright they are all the way to the bottom (36") Make sure you go to ecosmartlive.com for your puter and also download the app. A few presets you can look at but also gives you the controls for all the colors, time and much more.

I have mine mounted by rails within a wall but here is an idea for you:
    http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Aquar...ampaign=shopzilla&CA_6C15C=520009670000083498

I haven't compared prices so you might want to look around if you go this way

Congrats!

turbocooper and Corailline like this.
  4. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

I"m sorry, where's my manners...... Welcome to 3Reef.

5. turbocooper

turbocooper Plankton

Thanks for the response! I have downloaded the app and begun to play around with the light whilst I wait for the arm to arrive Monday (sigh) I cannot believe how bright this thing is even runnning 5-10% I need to keep a pair of sunglasses near buy while playing around with it. Any suggestions on the acclimation period and intensity coming from a 105watt CFL?

6. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

I gave mine a week but I didn't have anything in the tank yet. I am learning right along side you, sorry I don't have more knowledge than what I've shared as far as how long to acclimate with a living reef.